All Topics / Site Problems / Feedback / Council/Body Corp approval to put in a court yard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

Hi all,
    i have a question for you.
    I live in an apartment building of 6 units (i live on the bottom floor). i want to put in 3 courtyards for the 3 bottom units. There are 3 owner occupiers in the block and have approached them for their thoughts on this.
    I have offered to pay for the 3 courtyards myself but they are to do have their own sliding doors put in. of which they have approved verbally.
    any way the question is
    how do i get a building plan done to get body corp approval (ie does the builder do it for me?). if approved do i then take it to the local council for approval? around how much will this cost.
    the job of putting in the courtyards is physically possible etc and have mates rates going in doing the job.
    your thoughts on this would be great
    thanks
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Shaun, does it really need council approval? I think you’d know who to ask that question of!!

As for body corporate approval – who is on the committee? All you need to do is make sure you’ve got a majority vote – or get the other two to attend a meeting with you, and then you can vote for it.

I’d say you just need to draw up the plans of how the courtyards will be etc. – making sure that the boundaries are within the block etc., and just take that to the meeting.

Cheers
    Mel

PS. Moderators, can you move this post to the proper forum please? Bad shaun[}:)]

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

perhaps i wasnt clear enough, myself and the two others who have given verbal approval are on the comittee, so theres no probs there.
    i quess i was just wondering what to do next?
    get a builder in to draw up the plans and get a quote,
    get approval from body corp, then send it off to the council,,,, is that right?
    thanks mel, i was going to ask you about this when i saw you anyway
    cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.