All Topics / Finance / Keep 5yr fixed @ 5.99 or Variable LOC

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I am writing one year at the 6.39% and the three year loans at 6.69%.

Surprised with that rate – any reason you chose it?

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Phil_2Phil_2
    @phil_2

Simon, that was the rate our lender was offering, the load is less than 1 year old so I don’t think we could’ve gone elseware

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Hi Phil,
    I do not wish to rub salt into the wound, but I have 5.99% One year fixed on my books, If you are locked in for one year the break costs may outway the benifits of changing lenders, but I would Sugest in the future it may be an idea to talk with a Mortgage Broker,
    Kind Regards
    Steven

Mortgage Broker

[email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au
    Ph:0402483216
    Victoria

PLEASE note comments made should NOT be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice. Please seek professional, specific advice.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing
    Originally posted by melbear:

Believe half of what you hear and none of what you see and you’ll be safe…old drunks tale ![8]

I always thought it was half of what you see, and none of what you hear?

Cheers
    Mel

Mel,

When you’re that drunk… you ‘see’ and ‘hear’ things, just the other day i had a drink or two and i’m sure ‘all’ the good looking girls in the pub were looking and talking about me, and after every drink i had and went to the toilet “Hey” suddenly i was better looking.. and found ‘rhythm’
    [:o)]

Actually… i once went to a restaurant and in the male toilets was a slogan above the mirror ” No wonder you go home alone”[8]

REDWING[xx(]

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Just a tip here. There is a difference between a rate fixed for 12 months and a honeymoon rate for 6-12 months.

Honeymoon rates usually revert back to the lenders standard rate for another set period. This rate is higher than both their basic rate and their professional packages.

Do your sums because a honeymoon rate can often cost you more over the set term (2-4 years depending on the lender) than had you gone for the basic variable or pro pack in the first place.

cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.