All Topics / Opinionated! / Advertising exceptions

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

I know I am going to be the bad guy with this post but it is really bugging me.

I am talking about the exception given to the Dynamicduo to post some deals on the forum.

Steve, I know they are part of your MAP program but the only contribution that they have made to the forum have been the recent post for bird dog fee for the deals they have and then another similar post some months ago. Surely go getters on the MAP should still be good contriubtors to the forum to be afforded such a valuable target market.

There that is off my chest and I do feel better.

Leigh K

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

I agree Leigh. There have been many, many posts edited for offering deals/advertising and this policy was understood by all. Has there been a change in policy or do we have selective enforcement of the rules now?

A.

Profile photo of _se7en__se7en_
    @_se7en_

The same rules sould apply to all. No exceptions.

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

I was wondering that myself. I agree with you to LeighK

Cheers Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Agreed Leigh.

Hopefully the new ‘concept’ or whatever it is that the guys are coming up with will solve the problem. I believe you can then advertise your deals for a fee – and that should be a blanket for all – no special considerations/exceptions whatsoever.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

I agree Leigh, I actually emailed Steve about this yesterday.

The fact is some one from map with a few posts comes in the forum sells props and moves on? Where is Rachel? I emailed her privately to ask how she went and how she went about it, and had no reply. When she 1st put her post up I sent her some advice regards what had happened to me. She did her deals and now hasn’t seen her again. That’s ok, but I thought the map program was about teaching as much as we learn?

Some people from MAP give alot on here I know, others don’t.

I couldn’t agree with u more Leigh.

By all means allow special considerations with people that contribute to the forum. I don’t think we should allow the forum to be used and spat out again by passes by.

Regards Bear

Participant
    @bear1964

PS I dont think its a special rule just for the MAP people tho. I think Steve would listen to anyone if he is approached in the rightway.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>Surely go getters on the MAP should still be good contributors to the forum to be afforded such a valuable target market.<<

Probably they are too busy finding deals. Remember, they are out in the field and the pressure is on them to perform whilst many here are just theorising.

We may not like it but the fact of life is that this website is a private website (costing the owner heaps each month to both set up and maintain) so the owner can and does set the rules.

If Steve has given some people special priviledges I have no doubt that he must have had a good reason for doing so. I think I can guess why though I don’t think it should be out in the open.

Rachel ? If you are talking about Rachelle, last time I spoke to her (and that is a couple of months ago) she had done three or four deals. And by this time it will probably be double that or more. I get the impression she is flat out.

I guess we will all hear from all those people in the program in good time, to all our benefit.

Pisces133

Participant
    @bear1964

We may not like it but the fact of life is that this website is a private website (costing the owner heaps each month to both set up and maintain) so the owner can and does set the rules.

If Steve has given some people special priviledges I have no doubt that he must have had a good reason for doing so. I think I can guess why though I don’t think it should be out in the open.

Point taken Pisces.

But to say we are all theorising is way out , im out there doing as much as i possibly can with what i have available. I may not have the results i want at present, but thats not thru lack of trying , I am finding the deals, but on limited income have troubles purchasing.

Regards Bear

@melbear

Pisces, I think most people that log on here are doing other things. Heck, the MAP program is teaching them to ‘control’ $1M worth of property in 12 months.

Buy two houses in Sydney – done! I ‘control’ more than triple that amount – and about half of it I signed contracts on in the space of two months.

And the Rachel I remember was definitely spelt this way when she posted. I reckon SIS has done equally as many, if not more deals than some of the MAP guys, and look how much he gives to this forum – admittedly, he loves the internet, but still, it’s not hard to spend a little time on here giving back.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Mel,

You “control” more than 3 million bucks real estate? You must be bloody good for a loan [:)]

kay henry

@matt-p

budy.. pal.. mel how r u [:p] haha, congrats on ur work

Cheers Matt

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Should we start new post about mel? [;)].
    Back to main topic agree with Leigh!!

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    Who want to be billionaire?

@matt-p

haha, u r quite the comedian arn’t u pg [:p][:p]

we should start a partition [}:)][}:)]

Cheers Matt

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Originally posted by melbear:

Hopefully the new ‘concept’ or whatever it is that the guys are coming up with will solve the problem. I believe you can then advertise your deals for a fee – and that should be a blanket for all – no special considerations/exceptions whatsoever.

Agree too, Well said and well summarised.

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Fair enough. Criticism accepted.

But… Leigh, I gave you a book close to Xmas… should I give everyone a free book in the sake of fairness, or should I show my appreciation and reward you for the help that you’ve offered me?

Perhaps the people concerned don’t post as much as some, perhaps they have helped out in other ways and this is one of the ways I am able to return the favour.

As you know and others know, I’m more than generous to people who help out.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Fair Enough!

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Surely Moderators are encouraged to have opinions also?

It would be sad if Moderators weren’t able to hold differing perspectives. Indeed, their posts wouldn’t be worth reading if they slavishly held to one perspective, and if they disagreed about some matter, they felt compelled to be silent because they had been given a book.

If becoming a Moderator meant losing the privilege of having one’s own mind, presumably many of the Moderators on here wouldn’t trade their freedom and independence of thought for whatever the alternative is.

As a discussion forum, it’s the ideas on here that some of us crave. Few people would crave the constant repetition of a bunch of Stepford Wives.

kay henry

@melbear
    Originally posted by SteveMcKnight:
    But… Leigh, I gave you a book close to Xmas… should I give everyone a free book in the sake of fairness, or should I show my appreciation and reward you for the help that you’ve offered me?

Steve, accepted you want to show thanks and all – but giving Leigh a book and not giving us one is not quite the same as having one rule for one group of people, and another rule for a different bunch.

I don’t quite know how to explain it – but it just doesn’t ‘sit right’ with me.

A quick example I can think of would be for Leigh to be able to put a post on the boards saying ‘Enjo for sale’ – special prices for PI members. As it is, I think most people know that Leigh is an ENJOlady, if not by name anymore, but that has come through from reading her helpful posts – rather than one post advertising that fact solely.

The quicker your new ‘advertisement’ board is up the better I think[:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

[^][^][:X][^][^] To Leigh for posting her concerns at least

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.