All Topics / Help Needed! / Property structures – Family Trusts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of KiasuKiasu
    @kiasu

If you have more than one investment property what is the best way to structure them to safe guard your investment?

I was advised that I should have more than one family trust if I purchase a few houses and not have them all under the same trust. E.g. [8D]Family trust No. 1, 2 etc.

[8D]

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi Kiasu

Depending on what your plans are … ie: if you are planning to have many properties then a family trust is a good idea. Multiple trusts help you to minimise land tax, as you only pay tax in the entity they are owned.

I do reccommend you get hold of Buyer Beware by Steve McKnight AND Trust Magic by Dale Gatherum Goss. BB can be purchased throught this forum at the resources section and TM can be purchased through API Magazine.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Kiasu,

Depends on exactly what you want to achieve and depending on what type of property investment you want to purchase.

The main trustes that are out there for property are:

Family Discretionary Trust
    Hybrid Trust
    Unit Trust
    Property Trust
    Multi-Sector Trust

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

You can also obtain Trust Magic direct – from http://www.gatherumgoss.com

I too have been told to spread out the properties into several trusts, but something in Trust Magic suggested that was unnecessary for asset protection, but as Leigh said, could work for land tax purposes.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.