All Topics / Opinionated! / Hi Im back and what have i learnt?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Hi Chan$

That does sound a bit ludicrous. All I want is a signed piece of paper to state whatever info I give u is private and confidential, and that either u or any one u know will not chase up the deals privately. So we would need a contract, but I find many ips mate, that meet the 11sec solution and love finding them. I would ideally like to find one person I can work closely together with in JV’s ideally. I have the time and the ability to do good deals but limited on cash. Commission to be payed upon settlement. Commissions may differ from property to property depending on how much it cost me to find. But mostly b/w $1000-2000. I would prefer JV however where it’s a partnership with out commission. Makes me work harder and keeps me on my toes and responsible for my actions.

I do understand why DD is doing what they doing tho to weed out he tyre kickers. But I also believe it scares away genuine people.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Well that would be ideal with some one I trusted I guess, however im thinking it might pay to have some sort of upfront fee, maybe 10% of commission. But then I do reveal all info on the property. Thus far I have personally inspected all properties and have written reports on all. That may not always be the case in future but is at this stage.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Quoted:
    however im thinking it might pay to have some sort of upfront fee, maybe 10% of commission. But then I do reveal all info on the property

I am agreed coz all I want is to know where is the property. When I transfered $1000 to DD I am willing to lose $1000 and not buying property if the property is in the wrong location. But if you know even know where is the location of the property how are you going to find out?

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

wtf is a tyrekicker? Can someone please give me a definition? I hope it makes more sense than “win/win’ with wraps!

kay henry

Participant
    @jetdollars
    wtf is a tyrekicker? Can someone please give me a definition? I hope it makes more sense than “win/win’ with wraps!

Waiting for the reply to quoted above.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Participant
    @bear1964

Tyre kicker in my opion is just a pure time waster. Some one that has no intent of buying , but every intent in obtaining information., Basically some one that isnt serious to begin with but pretends to be.

Regards Bear

@kay-henry

ok Bears- thanks! I thought it might be used for everyone who approaches investing huge amounts of money into property and acts cautiously.

But thanks for clarifying. Is this the meaning that you others have when you use the term?

kay henry

Participant
    @bear1964

its my meaning , may be differnt for others

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi Kay,

In short, yes

r

Participant
    @bear1964

AS im sure u all know Im into Harley Davidson motorcycles, and when we put one of these up for sale we would get many phone calls from people that have no intent of buying the bike (tyre kickers), but wana have a test drive (joyride) for free. The way I weed these people out is when they ask if they can take it for a ride is “put the amount im asking for the bike say its $25,000 on the table and then u can take if for a ride as long as u like and when the bike returns in good order I will return your money if not then u bought it. Guess what no one has ever test ridden any of my bikes but I have sold many. The real interested buyers say they are happy to sit on the back as im a professional rider anyway. I hope this comparison helps.

Many mates of mine are into hi performance American cars and same thing, the amount of people that want to take these cars for a drive but don’t wana buy is amazing. These people are called tyre kickers.

I believe thats where the term Tyre kickers originates from.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of Kiwi-FullaKiwi-Fulla
    @kiwi-fulla

Hi Bear,

I can appreciate you coming across issues and challenges. It is always hard to build a team of people to work with to movie forward in this life…. however I think that some people get what they deserve ….. there is more than enough riches out there for all of us and if you screw one another over …then you will get what your give… If you have any opportunities come up I would like to take a look at them and COCr … also what your terms would be in the JV…. I have JV contracts.
    All the best
    Kiwi [:D]

@kay-henry

Chan,

You would have to wonder about the legality of someone keeping your $100. you might want to check this with a lawyer. I can’t imagine how someone could just keep money from someone else because they wanted to…

Does anyone know the consumer laws about this? It sounds like a scam. A quick call to Fair Trading and I bet you get your money back in no time.

kay henry

Participant
    @bear1964

I would think like any business, one is allowed to charge admin fees providing they are upfront about them. But i could be wrong.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Sorry to hear that you got screwed over.

‘few random thoughts.

Keep at it, but just change your process slightly. You may be 90% already there, but not realise it.

I would be thinking about some sort of birddogging fee upfront, all legal.

For ex. you tell me that you have 5 prop, give me the addresses, and I just outbid you, you lose.

you give me no addresses, I am not interested, and walk, you still lose.

HOw about I have to slap my grand or two on the table, and THEN you give me all the details, and, if I walk, then you keep your fee. ?Maybe half now, half at settlement.

I think that unfortunately, in my dealings with all professions, real estate has the worst people, with the worst conflicts of interest, blinded by the dollar, be they vendor, listing agent, purchaser, mortgage brokers, the whole lot stinks. It is just that a very, very small percentage acts fairly, but I see that rarely.

Sorry ’bout the whinging, but I too got mucked around today. Was all set to sign contract, and get a house, but the rental dept (of the same agency), resigned the white trash deadshit tenant, whom I wanted out. Oh well, at least 2 agents lost 4grand between them. But I lost a lot a shoe leather in the meantime.

As I said, just keep it up, head high, you will make it

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

bear.
    sorry to hear your woes.

i know you meant well.

I think it’s like little kids. If you say to kids, make yourself at home, and they play cricket inside and break your ming vase, and you get mad, it’s because they didn’t understand the implied bits.

i think with strangers (as well as kids) things need to be spelled out. This is what I expect from you. this is what you can expect from me. this is how much it will cost you. this is the way I safeguard myself in case you don’t honour your part of the deal. this is how you will be safeguarded in the event of me not honouring my part of the deal.

If you do the work ‘on spec’ and don’t get paid unless all the planets are aligned, then it’s you that needs a document protecting you.

this could be a formal JV agreement. It could be a deposit, and a ‘work order’. but it needs to be spelled out.

I’m bird-dogging now for $$$, I have three clients, one I found 3 properties for before Xmas, one client I found one for, and one I’m looking for at the moment. The deal between me and the client has been tweaked each time. I think in general, the first deal with a new client is the most time-consuming, as you are building trust (but not necessarily getting paid for it.)
    Once trust is established, you can go out there and get on with subsequent deals really effectively.

I got my clients because they came to me. it had never crossed my mind to bird-dog for someone until someone asked me to. In a way, those clients referred themselves to me. those are the best ones. you know they’re serious, because it was their idea.

Do you know for sure that you were shafted by your own ‘clients’ on these deals? Can you find out, either through council or through the agent, who the vendor was?

Have you considered qualifying to become a RE agent, seriously?

cheers-
    mini

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Quoted by Minimogul:
    I think in general, the first deal is the most time-consuming where you are building trust (but not necessarily getting paid for it.)
    Once trust is established, you can go out there and get on with it really effectively.

I agreed.

Kay Henry,

If I try to chase up for that $100 I will get it, but I don’t want to waste my time just chasing $100 from this kind of people. I rather than lose this $100 and learn from it.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, You’re on your way to financial freedoom]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

It looks to me as if you have been dealing with some f/h’s Chan.

If they really want to do some business it would make sense if they are completely upfront with the conditions.

If they are not then they are wasting your time.

Worse than that, they have now ruined their reputation on this site. So where else can they go ?

If they have no money themselves they have just screwed themselves pretty good.

Even worse, these D/D people by their conduct are also bringing this website, as well as Steve personally, in disrepute.

If the facts are as you state Chan, I would be surprised if the D/D people will be allowed to continue to use the services of this website touting for customers.

Pisces

Participant
    @jetdollars
    It looks to me as if you have been dealing with some f/h’s Chan.

If they really want to do some business it would make sense if they are completely upfront with the conditions.

If they are not then they are wasting your time.

Worse than that, they have now ruined their reputation on this site. So where else can they go ?

If they have no money themselves they have just screwed themselves pretty good.

Even worse, these D/D people by their conduct are also bringing this website, as well as Steve personally, in disrepute.

If the facts are as you state Chan, I would be surprised if the D/D people will be allowed to continue to use the services of this website touting for customers.

Pisces

Agreed

You know all this crap endorse it by SM and the step that was involved in the deal is not all that

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, You’re on your way to financial freedoom]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Are the Dynamic Duo stuck in Timbucktoo, anxiously looking for properties and too busy to look at this thread and therefore missing out on the opportunity to defend their good name by providing their outlook on the issue of introducing an agreement after someone has paid his money ?

Isn’t there someone aware of their identity who can tell them about this thread ?

Pisces

Participant
    @bear1964

Thanks for the support and ideas guys, its greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I have some major health issues just come up for me in the past week, so im just revaluating everything and wondering if all the head aches are worth it at this time of my life. I might just stick to buying what I can (which isn’t much…LOL) and leave it at that for now. But the amount of +ve properties I find every time I look makes me think other wise………LOL

Regards Bear

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.