All Topics / Opinionated! / Hi Im back and what have i learnt?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Greetings all

After having several people contact me and tell me they were all cashed up and ready to go in JV’s I went out and found numerous properties, with great returns.

However, I was mislead again, the people that all said they had the cash ready to roll either didn’t and lied, or they did and once again I gave away too much info over the phone and they decided to try to track the properties personally, but told me they didn’t have the money so they cant enter the deal. Either way it cost me money to source these properties, and one way or the other, I will be purchasing some of them. But the thing I have learnt is it don’t seem to me that many people have the same self pride and integrity that I thought they did.[B)][:(]

Regards Disgruntled Bear

PS Any Genuine honest people out there wanting to form a Genuine joint venture feel free to contact me. Any tyre kickers or free loaders don’t bother…….Sorry if this comes across a bit harsh , but I tell it how it is and im honest about it, and im sick of having my time wasted. If I contact some one for info , I tell them its for info , I don’t get info via misleading.

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

Hi Bear,
    I am very sorry to hear what has happened. Always look on the bright side, things should improve.

Cheers Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Bear, one thing you could do with these people is to have a contract drawn up, where they pay you $500 to start with, to cover costs etc. and if, through no fault of yours, providing the property met their criteria, you get to keep.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Thanks Mel

Great idea, not that i would want the money , but it sure would ween out the tyre kickers.[;)][:D]

Regards Bear

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Bearsy,

I tend to think that people make inquiries but don;t necessarily follow through with them. How many times do we ring RE agents to ask about a property, but we don’t follow through? Quite a few times, I think. Remember too, that some people are “plants”. They will be trying to find out what you know, who you are, who aligns with you, etc. those who are legitimate, will be the ones who are open and transparent. But just asking people to email you- well, who knows who they are? This place is full of plants.

bears- it’s always hard to work independently. People might be scared that if something went wrong- and they buy a lemon- and regret their purchase- that they won’t know what to do. I guess it’s about people building a relationship with you- you having a coffee with them or whatever- so they can see who you are and what you can do for them- they will be paying money to you after all. Trust has to be *built* before people will pass over money.

But i wish you the best of luck with what you’re doing, Bears. You seem like a nice guy :)

kay henry

Participant
    @bear1964

Thanks Kay

I think my main problem is that im too upfront and open. I think i am providing many properties for many people with the rewards. I will be stopping that!!!!!!!

Regards Bear

@kay-henry

There’s nothing wrong wsith being upfront and open, Bears- as long as you are dealing with other people who have no hidden agenda.

Keep the good qualities of who you are- and other people will respect you. Otherwise, you’ll become the same as the rest of the hard-arsed losers. don’t become hard because you’ve been messed over- ther’s a difference between being savvy and being hard :o)

kay henry

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

Yeah i know what kay is talking about. since being on this forum i have met some great people.. Mel, Billfromoz, LuckyPhil, just to name a few. Through meeting with them personally and building a rapport i now know and trust these guys (and girl), and i would like to think they trust me. I know that these few, so very few are willing to do what it takes and not bugger around and i much prefer people who are not going to waste my time.
    Perhaps, by meeting these people that are interested in what you are doing and building a rapport to weed out the tyre kickers you will have more willing partners next time.
    remember:
    Destiny knocks at the door
    Opportunity requires you to kick the door in
    (KGB saying)
    good luck
    shaun

Participant
    @bear1964

yeah, i guess my problem is im a doer and like to get things done and not waste time but fine line b/w getting going at times and making sure what we are doing is worthwhile. Sometimes we need to check the bull out for a while b4 we take it by the horns……..LOL

Regards Bear

@kay-henry

Bears, I think the other thing is, people need to take their time making decisions about RE. None of us buy the first house we see. Everything is an *option*- as it should be- we can’t rush in when we’re spoending large amounts of money- so many decisoins to be made- and so many properties to choose from!

I know you’re a “doer”. But all people on here are at a different stage in life. Some of us are just fairly new folks- and it might be the only 20K we have in the world- so we have to spend it wisely. what we spend that 20K on could be the best decision we ever made- or the worst.

I am only a “doer” when everything feels right for me. When it doesn’t feel right, i will pull the hell out. There is a saying: “It takes 4 generations to build an empire- and only one to pull it all down”. It takes heaps of time to save money- and only a small amount of time to lose it.

That’s why some of us are so cautious Bears- it’s all we have.

kay henry

Participant
    @bear1964

I totally agree Kay, but the people im talking about contacted me and asked me to enter into joint venture with them, as they had plenty of money to invest and no time to do it. And trust me these are great deals. And u wana know something else, I put some of my offers in yesterday and I was out done by some interstate investor they hadn’t heard of b4, a new one, fancy that. I wonder where they got there info from, stupid ol me ………LOL out done by 2 k on each place oh well I told them about a few. I have many more.

Regards Bear

@kay-henry

Bears said:

“out done by some interstate investor they hadn’t heard of b4, a new one, fancy that. I wonder where they got there info from, stupid ol me ………LOL out done by 2 k on each place”

It wasn’t me Bears- I swear! [8)]

kay henry

Participant
    @bear1964

Nah kay i dont think it was u , but could have been the people that i went out there for in the 1st place. U see these properties were not on the net.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Bear

What a sad story.

I would be real peeved as well.

However there are some real good pople on the forum.
    I’ve met some of them and talked to others on the phone.I am also hoping to meet a few more forumites in the next few months.

Anyway Bear, keep your chin up, don’t give ALL your secrets away and keep the best ones for yourself first.

Regards

Participant
    @bear1964

Hi muppet,
    Yes some very good people on the forum and as they say what doesnt kill us , makes us smarter and stronger [:D],

Thanks for your support.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of Andy_3Andy_3
    Participant
    @andy_3

Hi Bear,
    I know how you feel, i was featured in API magazine a few months ago and got bombarded with people wanting to do JV’S Heaps of tyre Kickers and i even bought a property under a JV arrangment who said they had the cash and engaged me to buy, but when i did it was a diffrent story, anyway i just tightend up my JV contract to stop this happening to me again- anyway all is still good- investing is fun

Andy

andrew brenchley

Participant
    @bear1964

Hi Andrew Thanks for the note. Im sorry to hear about what has happend to you. Im sure u will bounce back tho [;)] From what i remember u have your path pretty much set out for ya. Hopefully this was only a small hurdle for u.

Yeah i guess one can never be too careful, I know better , but often just assume that everyone is like me…LOL Great to hear from u again. How did u go with that property u were selling out Goolwa? did u get what u wanted for it? I found some good properties there and put offers in , but didnt get them, fantastic place.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Bear,

I got this to say to you. I am pretty busy mainly mon to fri and don’t have time to look for IPs. I would love to have someone who geniunely helping me to do this. May be a person like yourself. I tried to do this several days ago with Dynamic Duo. You know who I am talking about. He/She endorse by Steve McKnight.

Here is the situation:
    I sent Dynamic a PM so I can get the list of the deals available. I analysis the deals and found a couple that I want to buy. I contact Dynamic and deposit $1000 into she/he trust account. At this stage you would think that you will get the details of the property that you want to buy. To my surprise it is not going to be the case. See steps belows:
    STEPS TO TAKE NOW!
    1.Puruse figures thoroughly
    2.Do not ask for property location this will not be given (as forum says only serious investors apply)
    3.If you wish to pursue a deal/s contact us immediately and advise by which property no/s
    4.Birddog fees are as follows:
    xxx amounts of dollars
    5. Once fee has cleared contracts will be sent to your nominated solicitor/conveyancer as with any other relevant information.

If I am not a genuine buyer would I deposit $1000 into his/her account? of course not.

I done steps 1 to 4. When I am waiting for step 5 to process, Dynamic send me a Contractural Agreement in regarding BirdDog Fees. What’s basically saying is that you are going to lost 10% of the bird dog fees regardless your buy the property or not.

This contractural agreement should be included in the above steps at the first place. Up until now I still haven’t got the property details.

How are you going to sign the contract if you don’t even know where the property is?

Fill me in if I am wrong? I am just piss-off and want to get this of my chest.

Now I only lose a very small amount of money $100 which is a drop in the ocean by pull out of the deal.

Losing $100 is better than $1000 and is better than $55k.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

I gotta say Chan$, you did the right thing. My other half is a solicitor and she would crucify me if I did what you have explained was asked of you.

I was one who emailed DD but I am glad I went no further. I like doing due diligence on my own places as i know what I am after and what I need to look at.

Well done on posting and good to see you back on, busy day yesterday heh!

P.S. how is RIC going?

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

RugbyFan,

Thank you for your support. I did not go into details of how DD sended email to other investors called me “…newbie investors got cold feet right…”. As I understand DD is in MAP program which mean she does not have a million dollars to start with and currently learning from Steve how to control a million dollars. Therefore I believe she/he is a newbie and how dare she/he called me newbie in property investing if she/he does not know what I got. If DD don’t know how to control 1 million dollars he/she should ask me.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.