All Topics / General Property / What would you have done?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

I had a slightly similiar situation when i put a offer on a ip that just came on the market. Knowing that it would be snapped up very very fast as i had done a lot of research in this peticuliar area, the owner was refusing to pay the agent his commission because it sold to fast and didnt think he had done enough work to earn the commission lol, took a lot of talking to eventually take the offer (which was full asking price aobut an hour after it was put up for sale)

I thought i was wrong once, but i was mistaken !

Profile photo of RealtorRealtor
    @realtor

As a member of the evil empire (ie a RE salesperson) all i can say is this twit is an example of the ones that give us all a bad name – all you can do is never use their agency, and tell everyone u know what he did!

realtor

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Steve

in answwer to your question, I say maybe he should have read your book and learnt something about real estate

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

He get’s an A+ for effort though !!

The $5000 Question though, issssssssss
    What ‘did’ you do Steve… you haven’t yet said

REDWING : )

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

Would like to know that as well Redwing as we know Steve looks for a win win situation so id say the agent walked away happy (but how ?)[^]is the six million dollar question [;)]

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken !

Profile photo of Mick INCMick INC
    @mick-inc

I would just politely hang up the phone and find someone else to do bussiness with. He’s not worth getting upset about.

He is a very naughty little agent, and naughty agents should be seen but NOT heard!!!!![}:)]

Mick

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

I’d ask him to speak to his boss about sending him on a property valuation course.

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hiya,

My thoughts….

Steve, obviously it was a while ago… yet for some reason you’ve hung onto this fragment in time.
    I agree with SIS, work out why you haven’t let go…
    Self Doubt isn’t healthy…

Have No regrets… you were doing business, he should have acted like a professional and realised his mistake, filed it away for another opportunity to come along to try and reenact your success.

He’s probably still kicking himself and hasn’t moved on… Character is Character…

Next..
    Soosh [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

I would say to him , if her wants to make money with me in Real Estate renovating im all ears to a Joint Venture. knowing he is greedy im sure we wouldnt come to an agreement once he knew risk was involved and move on , but who knows , it may just wake him up to what he has done also. What he done was wrong , but we all make mistakes, and have been caught up in the greed cycle in some way in our lifes im sure.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

I do not know where the laws stand these days.
    However, I would have reported this to the Institute and the Principal of the Agency would need to account for some unethical behaviour of it representative.
    As an agent some years back we were to declare any financial interest in the sale/purchase of a property.
    Surely this would include any post sale humbugging !!

The agent in this case was the one without integrity and should be made accountable.

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Unbelievable!! I think that’s called ‘trying it on’.

One way of reflecting it back so that the agent figures out the wrongness or rightness for themselves would be to tell the agent to put the whole thing in writing, ‘so that you could run it by your solicitor, before you could consider such a proposal’.

My guess is that he/she would back down pretty fast.

cheers-
    Mini

Participant
    @bear1964

I like your thinking Mini

Profile photo of SamwiseSamwise
    @samwise

Steve,
    I would have given him the $5000 for sheer bare faced cheek. After all, we all know how hard real estate agents work for their (many thousands of) pittance(s).
    He would have then been so grateful that he would have sold me many more bargains since.

Is this a serious question??
    Why? It seems obvious what the answer would be?[?][?]

Tegan[8D][8D][8D][8D]

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

If a REA asked me for another 5000, two scenarios come to mind.

i) sure, Ill give you 5000 where the sun dont shine,

or, ii) say absolutely, then write out a cheque for 5000 yen

Profile photo of zoszos
    @zos

This is all about PEOPLE. This guy’s focus is to make money, and that is his downfall. But, can also be leveraged to create more favourable situations.

As someone said a few replies back, offer him the $5000 as a reward for finding you more deals.

Most agent will work for you as long as they are given a formula to get their ‘cheese’.

Better get people on your side than against you…easier to win (-win) that way!

Zos Collaga
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Janette_2Janette_2
    @janette_2

Steve

I would have initially been “miffed” about the reaction but then tried to exercise mental compassion towards someone (the agent) who clearly missed the opportunity to sell the property at a higher price and was then willing to at least make an improper suggeestion (if not actualy break the law regarding “secret commission” – depending what State he’s in). To become emroiled in it any further would only bring bad vibes. This situation reminds me of the old saying about when one is pointing a finger at someone, they have four fingers pointing back at themselves.

Regards, Janette

jt

Participant
    @bear1964

So what did u end up doing Steve?

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of traceytdtraceytd
    @traceytd

So who is the one without integrity?

Profile photo of judijudi
    @judi

If it were within my means, I would give it to him willingly without expecting anything in return. How often do people ask you for money straight out like that and without any deception?

If I didn’t feel that I could afford it, I’d tell him about the cost and effort and time involved in renovating and show him how he could do it himself. I’d also explain (when he’d calmed down) that he was paid a commission and ask how it is that he feels entitled to another $5000? A little compassion and understanding wouldn’t go astray.

Judi

PS: Don’t go asking me for money now [:)]

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

There are two principles of prosperity that seem to be pertinent to this case.

The principle of “celebration” and the principle of “flow”.

In order to increase our prosperity we must be able to celebrate other people’s prosperity. We must be able to be happy for someone else’s good fortune. This agent clearly did not know this.

Wealth must be passed on, allowed to flow. If we hoard it, it stagnates and does not grow. People who squeeze a deal until the last drop as if it is the last they will ever make in their life are actually doing themselves a big disfavour.
    Clinging to a deal in such desperation is unprosperous because it teaches our subconscious mind:” I will be never able to recover this money” such thought will introduce a limiting belief, a handicap that will subconsciously undermine the persons ability for further deals, in more simple terms it is the attitude of a loser.

As for what I would have done, (after recovered from the surprise) I would probably try to say in a paternal voice that his reaction came from envy, and that such sentiment is a grave burden to carry around. Also begging, is such a blow to one’s self esteem that should be avoided at all cost. Learn to be happy for others good deals and many better deals will come your way

May God bless you
    and prosper you.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.