All Topics / General Property / Credit Card and Property Investing

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

All our loans with NAB, though we didn’t utilise thier card offered to us at a good deal ( due to all 3 loans being brought to them )

Using Westpac/challenge card for ‘all’ living cost’s, paid out in full from LOC ( wages deposited straight into here) loan before any interest incurred. we redeem our points for Myers Vouchers, thereby paying for birthday/Xmas etc presents for free.

Suits us..

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of justintehjustinteh
    @justinteh
    Originally posted by fiby30:

I use the ANZ/Qantas with 55 days Interest Free.

Used in conjunction with an offset account it also provides an interest saving on your loans.

I use it for everything and it is a great way to rack up frequent flyer points.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Snowboarder

So you getcharged interest, just not much, as you pay it off over a few day’s then ?

Reminds me of the story of Diners club points and free trips and some people with cash for vehicles, paid for the vehicle on ‘Diners’ thereby recieving points, then paid the cash they always had for the vehicle into the Diners card account, wiping the debt, and earning enough points for a trip to the USA. “Gotta be happy with That”

Only problem is using my cards for all bills/fuel/shopping etc i still only spend about $3500-$4000 each billing period, maybe there’s something to be said for ahving bigger bill’s and snowboarder’s someone who can smile when the bill’s come in : ) “Good tip” !!

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce

that would be a cool trick to pay mortgage rpts with a credit card.

I have a $30k limit on one card and have used it to throw money into short term high return investments.
    The return has to be pretty good cos they hit you with a 2.5% over the counter cash advance fee.

I got a gold mastercard specifically when spending a lot of time in the USA. THe card came with a bona fide worldwide travel insurance policy (with comprehensive medical). The policy is for 12 months a year. THe price of independent insurance for 12 months in the US would be astronomical.

My smart ass brother boasts about not using cash. He uses an Amex charge card instead. Helps with book keeping.

I still carry cash. Its bargaining power is significant (went into a white goods discount store the other day and said I’d pay $700 cash for an $830 ticketed fridge, and got it. I also encourage my clients to pay in cash, due to obvious advantages.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce

that would be a cool trick to pay mortgage rpts with a credit card.

I have a $30k limit on one card and have used it to throw money into short term high return investments.
    The return has to be pretty good cos they hit you with a 2.5% over the counter cash advance fee.

I got a gold mastercard specifically when spending a lot of time in the USA. THe card came with a bona fide worldwide travel insurance policy (with comprehensive medical). The policy is for 12 months a year. THe price of independent insurance for 12 months in the US would be astronomical.

My smart ass brother boasts about not using cash. He uses an Amex charge card instead. Helps with book keeping.

I still carry cash. Its bargaining power is significant (went into a white goods discount store the other day and said I’d pay $700 cash for an $830 ticketed fridge, and got it. I also encourage my clients to pay in cash, due to obvious advantages.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Profile photo of snowboardersnowboarder
    Participant
    @snowboarder

hey redwing

there are even sneakier ways of doing it as well.

i did not want to put it all in the one message as it could confuse some people.

what you can do as well is transfer money out of say you cba cr card for a couple of days to a savings account get a statement from the cba showing you with the money taken out of you account fax that to citibank when you are doing the transfer then put the money back into your credit card.

this is what i did once when i was just short of enought points for me and two mates to go to nz.

free trip to nz for me and two mates and we loved it,
    awesome week skiing

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.