Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of jbarfoot14123jbarfoot14123
    @jbarfoot14123

Does anyone have hints on buying property in Tasmania?

JannB

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi JannB

The market in Tassie has boomed also. You haven’t really specified what you are looking for though. I suggest do a search on Tassie on these forums, there have been a few members buying there recently, the most notable that I can think of being Bear1964.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

To buy in Tas is like buying anywhere else – you need to do some homework regarding where you want to buy generally (Hobart/Launceston/Devonport) and find a good deal in a good area.

You really have to know the suburbs as there isn’t a lot of middle ground, and there are some area to avoid like the plague.

Invest in a holiday to check the state out if you aren’t familiar with it.

A.

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

That boat has well and truly sailed already. Tassie didn’t have a great deal going for it except perhaps good returns – now it doesn’t even have that !!

I remember going down to Launceston in 1996 to visit a friend i met overseas and being amazed that they paid $120 per week for a house that at the time was worth about 40k… Such a shame i was young and stupid at the time, i knew the figures where good but thought “Who the hell “really” would want to live there ??”

That same place now (at Invermay) sold recently for 135k… Damn, i should have (and could of !!) bought a dozen of them… [;)]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“I want to be rich, and stupidly happy – so far i’ve only managed to achieve the stupid part…”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.