All Topics / General Property / Incentives for PMs?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

I read in one of the posts, can’t remember which one, that someone, I think it was SIS, gives incentives to his property managers to look after his properties well.
    Can you tell me more about this SIS or others if you’re also doing this, and do you think it works?
    Yes they should take care about our property anyway, we’re paying them to do so. But also they do have a difficult job keeping tenants AND investors happy and I can imagine it would be nice to give them some incentive.
    WHat kind of incentives have you used if you don’t mind sharing?[8D]

PS I love the subscription option, keeps me from checking all of the subjects every time![:)][8D][:D]

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Celivia,

lol, im not sure if i did write anything like this, though i do give incentives for Property Managers, though i rather Private Message you on this one.

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Celivia,

If my property vacant what I normally say to the PM is ‘If you can rent my property by xx/xx/xxxx date then I will give you 1 week rent. Instead of given to the tenant. This way the PM will work extra hard to date given.

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Cel,

I guess the PM’s work for wages- just like the rest of us mostly, and that’s their reward. you could give them chocolates, xmas cards etc… but you can also give them intrinsic reward, by demonstrating respect to them. Some investors see tenants as scum, and see PM’s as their own little slave. I have always found that if you treat workers with dignity and respect- and as *equals*, then they will try to do the right thing for you because they know you’re a good person.

I know in my workplace, I feel pretty good when someone I have assisted gives me chocolates, or something… but I know I feel GREAT when someone sincerely appreciates the work I have done for them- and lets me know. I feel encouraged and it makes me feel renewed and re-inspired to do what I do.

It depends on if you think your PM prefers external reward or is motivated by knowing she or he is respected.

kay henry

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

Steve, and Dolf De Roos both say that it is also important to keep ur tentants happys as well, his will save ur pm’s a lot of trouble [:)]

Cheers Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Thanks people for your comments.
    Sis thanks for the pm[:)]

I agree Kay that it is a lovely thing to do to just compliment people when they deserve it, everyone needs encouragement to feel good.

The idea of one weeks rent, Chan$ is also a good idea, as long as they don’t take ANY tenant as long as it is before the deadline, but a good one as well. I hadn’t thought of that one yet.

It certainly will be much easier to manage a property and dealing with the tenants when the tenants are happy.[:D]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.