All Topics / General Property / western queensland ??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of port starport star
    @port-star

Hi

I’d appreciate any pearls of wisdom available within the forum on property thats situated far inland Queensland.

I am looking at duplex units in Mt Isa that seem to be priced at solid yields.

Obviously capital growth becomes dubious – but how dubious?[:(]

Please advise

Thanks

PS

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi PS

I think you’ll find that there is generally a tradeoff. the higher the yield, the lower the CG.

To roughly work out what (if any) CG you are looking at having in this town, check out the population trends, industries etc. If it is rising, and there will need to be more houses to accommodate the extra people, you might find there will be some growth. If not, then perhaps not.

Do your research on the town and its surrounds. Also work out what it is you are wanting. If you want CG, buy somewhere that will have it. If you want yield, buy somewhere that will have it, but with an eye to the factors mentioned above. Any CG would be a nice bonus.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Port Star,

Just a heed of warning be very careful of investing in Mt Isa, nothing wrong with the area, though i have seen plenty of real estate for sale there latly. Though i could be wrong, if you have a chance it might be better to actually go to Mt Isa and check this one out, i could be wrong, though i have a friend who travels there to work for the mines and has told me such plans that could be occuring in the late future.

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry
    Profile photo of BeanieBeanie
    Participant
    @beanie

The only problem with Mt Isa is that it is a one industry town if the mine shuts down the place would become a ghost town. Regards Beanie

Profile photo of Adrian CahillAdrian Cahill
    Participant
    @adriannqld

as Beanie just said, and sis’s friend who works their will tell you it depends on the mine. if there is a sudden flood or influx of properties i would stay away from the town. alot of places in regional areas are based on one industry and if that one industy or business controlling the industry decides to move, well. research the town, the industry, the main processing plant (if there is one) and talk to as many locals as possible.

Adrian Cahill | AdrianCahill.com Personal Development Expert
    http://adriancahill.com/from-investor-to-coach/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Here since 2002, however things have evolved over the years.

Profile photo of ginamarreeginamarree
    @ginamarree

Hi, My Brother is the Area Manager( Central & Western QLD)for the QLD Ambulance Service and he is lives in Mt Isa, he is also a property investor looking for properties in this area and surrounds – because he travels all over these parts he gets heaps of info !!
    So, if you like just email me and I can put you in touch with him and he would more then happy to give you the dirt on properties and areas such as Mt Isa.

Cheers
    Ginamarree

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.