All Topics / Help Needed! / Building Inspections – Saved alot

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Hi All
    Not sure in the new format if this is the right place to post.!!
    Just wanted to share a small experience that will hopefully alert others to the fact that a good inspector is worth their weight on purchasing a property. My companion who is under offer to purchase an IP at present… has saved mega heart ache and $$. He engaged a “Smart Carpenter” Consultant who found a microscopic crack in the tiling of an ensuite in an elevated home. You actually have to be on your hands and knees to see it !!!.On testing …we simply ran the shower…this poured out thru underneath ..and we have discovered one ceiling below effected (and possibly two others)and a major job in stripping the entire bathroom.
    Given its had a new paint job …[}:)] is not currently lived in…etc… you wouldnt have seen all this ???
    We’re in the midst of negotiations with the owners now… but hey… the $$ on a good Building Consultant are well worth it !!!

[^]

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi Jancrows,
    I’m glad you found the problem before final purchase. I hope you are able to negotiate a great price.
    Just goes to show that you really need to be careful when buying a renovated house, I prefer to buy unreno and do the work myself.
    Great tip, thanks,
    Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.