Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

I recently just purchased 2 ips in a fairly large regional town. Just started organising a PM and had one go to the premises to give me a appraisal. Her comments were i think i should be able to get more than what you asked but do you know your letterbox is in the loungeroom and 3 windows are smashed.lol [V][8]

Ive been told that because the settlement hasnt been completed yet im not liable for the repairs ? can someone please comment on this.

regards Shaun

I thought i was wrong once, but i was mistaken !

Profile photo of Elysium-MElysium-M
    @elysium-m

Hey Risky,

I don’t know what State you’re buying in, so can only give you one piece of advice: Check the fine print in your contract.

Of course, if you bought sight unseen, and the property was already in that condition when you made your offer, you might not be in a good position.

Cheers
    Elysium-M

Profile photo of Chriso2Chriso2
    Participant
    @chriso2

Hi Risky,

Not a lawyer, but as I understand it, once you sign the contract you are liable, therefore you need insurance straight away. Check with your lawyer, but if the other party agrees to the contract you could be up for the repairs, unless their helpfull and kind?

Chriso

Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

Hi, thanks for your replies. Ive since been in contact with the realestate that i purchased from and they have told me the seller is still responsible and have organised for a new letter box and the windows to get replaced. I guess thats why its important to do the final inspection before you settle to make sure things are still the same as when you purchased the properties. Hmmm school holidays ,i guess the kids are bored and like to see how far they can throw letter boxes into vacant windows [8]

I thought i was wrong once, but i was mistaken !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.