All Topics / General Property / Free Property Investing Weekend!

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 198 total)
  • Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear
    Originally posted by kay henry:

Oh Mel- you big numbercruncher! Well this one is still a record- it’s a single- the other post you referred to is an LP :)

kay henry

[:)]No, it’s just that it’s resurfaced and I saw the number of reads.

Hey Kay, one more post and you’re a Blue Member (used to be pretty gold stars, but alas no more)

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hey Guys,

Im off for the weekender trip, so will post info, on the return of the trip.

Cheers Everyone,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

@still-in-school

By the way, i dont know im gonna survive no property investing forum for 36 hours..

[8]… noooooo

Cheers,
    sis

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

SIS, I think there are self help groups that will be able to help you over your addiction[:p]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

I wonder how sis will cope with seeing 3-dimensional property investors as opposed to us 2-D ones :o)

kay henry

Profile photo of RealtorRealtor
    @realtor

Hey, kay henry, what do mean “nothing fun happens in Sydney”
    We’re still hanging out for the Hellfire club report…..

realtor

@still-in-school

Hey Guys,

Back from property weekend field trip…

lots to say and lots of arguements on the trip… oh i wont say who started them though..lol… [:p]

Overall, it was definietly worth it, i can tell you, in 2 days there was so much learnt and so much good food, anyway i will fill in more info tomorrow.

Cheers,
    sis

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

You’re a sadist S.I.S. witholding that information from us for so long.

An argument ?

Did Chan start that ? [;)]

Not very nice to pick an argument with one’s host, especially after having been feted and feasted so well by Mr Ollis.

How many did you buy over the weekend ? [:D]
    Pisces133

@still-in-school

Hi Pisces133 and Guys,

Oh dont worry i will tell tomorrow, first i gotta call some people about the trip… lol… yes we had an arguement with some of the host and people who were organising and reading out what deals they have, the deals are actually really good for first time investors, but to be honest i feel some deals were actually good on the returns but caculation on an IRR for five years time is bit of a worry. (long story but to make it short, your are locked in to a 5 by 5 lease, but if you break your lease there are big penalties.) I will explain more tomorrow.

Though the food was really good, im serious they fed us like 4 times a day, and provided great accomodation, though i am a bit disappointed, that there are lots of people who do view this forum and are only guests on here.

It honestly didnt take long to meet or find out who or which of these persons or people who are just fence sitters and just read everything and reap the benefits of what other people post and talk about on here.

Though i will admit, it didnt take long to work out how V.O. was doing the deals and how he was promising such returns, i will admit that, for the novice investor, he is making big $$$ off them, (now you can sorta guess why an arguement arosed and many questions that i put forward, could not be answered or were sided tracked with a quick change of subject).

Though, i will honestly admit in 2 days, it did really open my eyes and see, who you can and can not trust, and what you have to becareful about posting such good places of interest.

Though a short note, for everyone, just a heed of carefulness, you dont know who is on their home computer right now viewing and reading such topices and taking advantage of someones enquiry or question of help.

This has just really disappointed me and i know many people on here, will now be a little bit more aware and will be, more careful in what they post on this forum. To be honest, its great for people to help each other on here, but someone could be taking advantage of your general helpful post/knowledge or information you try to give some one who needs.

For everyone, i didnt buy any property at all, but i will post more about the trip here later on.

Cheers,
    sis

@kay-henry

hehe sis, you cryptic fellow….

What on earth are you talking about sis? all this “be careful” stuff- be careful of what and whom and why? I do think we’re all adults, sis. But i am interested in this new drama- do tell!

kay henry

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

G’day SIS,

I’m intrigued as well… and for all the “guests” reading, thanks for being part of my day…[:p]

I actually think there’s more lurkers on this forum than there is on the somersoft forum… but I don’t know why that would be the case… anyway, enjoy…

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

S.I.S

My Curiousities aroused also [8)] <- “thats me looking over my shoulder now” It’s not paranoia..just a ‘higher’ state of awareness [:I]

Hmmm.. what gives, what did you learn, what did ya see, c’mon tell… i live in WA anyway

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Dear All,

The trip was really good. S.I.S and I spended 2 days talking in the bus, actually that’s all we can do beside looking out of the window. As S.I.S said V.O. Feed us too much food.

NTTT – I did not buy a block of 4x2Br $240k returning 10% ie. $24000pa, no management fees, no maintaining fees, 5×5 years lease to pensioners. I also did not buy another block of 4x2brs Units for $300k returning 10% as well. Good Deals?

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan
    Originally posted by Still in School:

Hi Pisces133 and Guys,

Though a short note, for everyone, just a heed of carefulness, you dont know who is on their home computer right now viewing and reading such topices and taking advantage of someones enquiry or question of help.

Oh dear, we have been found out. We are really Peter Costello and Ian Macfarlane combined. We track the posts and write economic policy to suit. Also the more traffic on these forums means we put rates up a couple of points!

Sorry we had to fess up.

P.C. & I.Mac

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

In all seriousness, S.I.S and chan$, can you give us a run down of the demographic on the tour. Were they pitched at your young invetsors or the more mature ones?

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

@kay-henry

PC and Imac, huh? We have the whole IT undustry wrapped up there!

kay henry

Participant
    @jetdollars

Rugbyfan & All,

Quoted:
    In all seriousness, S.I.S and chan$, can you give us a run down of the demographic on the tour. Were they pitched at your young invetsors or the more mature ones?

The tour was really good. You get to learned each country town along the way. There are approx. 10 towns that we visit. Most of the property that we inspected was just a drive by inspection, but there are 1 block of 4×2 Units that was open for inspection in Cowra.

In the bus, there are 2 handout of booklets of property and land for sale and their details. When the bus reach one of the town they tell you what is the population in town, what industry and other coming in town in the next 5 years. pops grownth and so on. There’s also a mortgage broker in the bus as well. So you can get loan while your are in the bus.

We stay overnight in Parkes, nice hotel and good foods, all drinks are included for free from beer to wines….can get you drunk for free.

They also sale a lot of house & land packages.

That’s all I can say about the tours. Except I will never buy anything they sale.

Previous message from me is NTTT

Warm Regards

ChanDollars

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>There’s also a mortgage broker in the bus as well. So you can get a loan while your are in the bus <<

That’s what is called a mobile mortgage broker.

And the passengers are called ‘a captive audience’.

BTW Chan, what does NTTT stand for ?

Pisces133

@still-in-school

Hi Guys,

I will explain how the deals work, yes they look good to a novice or first time investor, but the deals are very shonky and are only good, if the IRR is accurately predicted right in 5 years time, if not, you will actually be in more debt than you started with.

Let me explain.

Cheers,
    sis

Participant
    @jetdollars
    Quoted:
    Fantastic, you can now turn around and wrap them

If I do wrap there’s going to be a 4 ways wrap.

S.M – 2 ways wrap (SM & Wrappee)
    V.O – 3 Ways wrap (VO , Wrappee & Tenant)
    Chan$ – 4 ways wrap (Chan$, VO, Wrappee & Tenant)

Warm Regards

ChanDollars

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.