All Topics / Site Problems / Feedback / Subscriptions/Notifications

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Participant
    @administrator

Folks,

We’ve just turned topic subscriptions on.

You’ll see the little tan envelope with the green plus sign…

Click on this and you will be notified whenever someone replies to that topic, whether or not you were the original author or not.

You can manage your subscriptions using the Subscriptions link under the “Forum Boards” menu item.

Hope you like it!! [:D]

Alister
    Web Director
    PropertyInvesting.com

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

One of us must be colour blind as I cannot see a tan envelope at all. [:D]

Pisces133

Profile photo of royboyroyboy
    @royboy

There is something wrong with your topic subscriptions, I just checked my email and found four replies, when clicking on the link i get [B)]
    Sorry this page cannot be displayed

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Sorry, I have just discovered the location of the tan envelope.

I also posted yesterday (and thence deleted the post once I discovered I was too hasty and plain impatient) about not being signed in.

I have now discovered there is a facility in the top right hand corner of the page. I guess one could say that I was just shooting off my lip.

Overall I think the site is a BIG improvement. Especially the facility for one to email the writer of a particular post. And the speed, unbelievable.

Congratulations Steve and staff.
    (I bet it has cost you a bundle Steve [:D]

I have only one real complaint really and that is that the Smilie with the big smug grin is no longer available !!?? [:(]

Pisces133

Profile photo of brentbrent
    Participant
    @brent

Hi,

Re: Forum Subscriptions

quote:

I have now discovered there is a facility in the top right hand corner of the page.

Yep – once you’re signed in, you’ll get the tan envelope with the Green plus sign in several places..

If you’re having trouble spotting them, first log into PropertyInvesting.com by using the log-in box in the blue area at the top of this page.

After it says “You are logged in as…”, you will notice the envelope at the top of each forum post near “Add Reply”, the bottom of each forum post between “Add Reply” and “Fast Reply”, when you make a reply, and on the topic listing within each forum.

Re: Smilies..

More smilies are scheduled in the near future.. Stay tuned for more news as it breaks. [:)]

Re: Overall Improvements

quote:

Overall I think the site is a BIG improvement. Especially the facility for one to email the writer of a particular post. And the speed, unbelievable.

I’m glad you enjoy it. Nick and Alister, our web-gurus, have put a lot of work into the site and it looks great.

Keep your feedback and bug reports coming in.

Brent Hodgson
    PropertyInvesting.com
    Part of your friendly neighbourhood Admin Team

@royboy

Brent Hi,
    Just a question Re Logging on. When the new site came up[:o)] and I started logging on and TYPING my username and password in, then searched around I could see my name as a logged on Member.[:)] The next time I logged on my system asked me if I would like it to remember my login details, to which I answerd yes.
    OK so now when I login I get the usual message blah blah , but now I’m in as an anonymous [:(!][B)][B)]and name cannot be found.
    Hang on while i change feet at this time.[:p]
    Maybe it’s my system.
    Maybe its happening to YOU. There does seem to be a lot of anonymous members logged on.
    Can you people check your system if you saved your details and post back. maybe I should have sent this to the bug report but this way will be quicker I think.

Lioudmila

Success comes in CANS, not Cannots

@royboy

OOOPS Why did’nt someone tell me to switch my member profile on doh[xx(][xx(][xx(]

lioudmila

Success comes in CANS, not Cannots

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Hi thanks I love this topic, always wanted it!
    However I have a small problem with it.
    I accidentally have subsribed to the same topic twice or three times, but when I press “Unsubscribe” it doesn’t work, nothing happens. SO now I’m being notified twice or three times every time instead of just once.

THe reason I was so silly to multiple subscribe is that I wasn’t sure if the 1st and second times worked, as nothing seemed to happen. So I kept pressing the button.[:I]
    ALso with some subjects I wasn’t sure if I had already subscribed or not and did it again. YES DUH

It would be very handy if you could tell, e.g. from a colour change or a little icon, that you have subsribed to a certain topic so you won’t make the mistake of subscribing again.
    THis would be really [8D] if you could fix this/change this.[^]

PS
    I can’t wait until there are more smilies to choose from! Hope there’s a little DUH smilie so I can use it a lot [:o)]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Anyone has the same problem? I still cannot remove topics from my subscription list. When I press ‘remove’ it asks me if I really want to remove it, when I say YES nothing happens.[?][?][?]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Where’s the new Smileys.. ??

Mine’s looking for company [8)]

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Participant
    @administrator

The web-development team behind the latest version of PropertyInvesting.com are coming towards the end of a 6 week sabatical before they return for another round of upgrades to PropertyInvesting.com.

Keep an eye out for some more upgrades coming soon.

Brent

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by admin:

The web-development team behind the latest version of PropertyInvesting.com are coming towards the end of a 6 week sabatical before they return for another round of upgrades to PropertyInvesting.com.

Keep an eye out for some more upgrades coming soon.

Brent

Can’t wait! so when is the actual don’t for the next upgrade?

Warm Regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re on your way to Frolic Freedom!]

Participant
    @brent

The actual date for the next upgrade?

The guys are due to come back shortly (within a week I believe), however it will take some time before you begin seeing changes on the site. The first few tasks they will get into will likely be bug-fixes and working on the engine which runs PropertyInvesting.com.

Profile photo of fostonfoston
    @foston

I have also noticed that when i am signed in i am an anonymous member,i noticed royboy mentioned turning member profile on, how is this done??????[?][?]

Profile photo of elviselvis
    @elvis

6 week sabatical ?!?!?!?!

I’m in IT as a trade, and in my opinion to take a 6 week break, well they must have worked some long hours or the employer is ignorant of the IT job market. I’m sure there are other web developers that would do the job without a holiday. Do they get a manicure once week as well?

Back on the issue of bookmarking. I would love to see it as part of this forum. I am using Yahoos toolbar which plugs into Internet Explorer (only).

I have just done a search of snitz.com (this forum runs on snitz). Did a search on ‘bookmark’ and came across some discussion. Must be a doable thing….

Regards,
    Elvis

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru
    Originally posted by foston:

I have also noticed that when i am signed in i am an anonymous member,i noticed royboy mentioned turning member profile on, how is this done??????[?][?]

You can go members and then My profile then change you profile from there!

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    [;)]

Profile photo of fostonfoston
    @foston

Thanks Guru, it’s easy when you know how[:I]

Participant
    @brent
    Originally posted by elvis:

6 week sabatical ?!?!?!?!

I’m in IT as a trade, and in my opinion to take a 6 week break, well they must have worked some long hours or the employer is ignorant of the IT job market. I’m sure there are other web developers that would do the job without a holiday. Do they get a manicure once week as well?

I’ll rephrase… While the rest of the PI.com crew are not concentrating on developments to the web-site, neither are the web guys.. Here’s what one of the team is up to.

Re: Bookmarking – are talking about ‘bookmarking’ your favorite posts so that they are available on the forum homepage?
    We do have a ‘subscriptions’ facility at the moment, which allows you to receive a message whenever someone replies to a post on the forums, and also see all your favorite topics by clicking the ‘subscriptions’ button on the menu bar when you’re logged in.

Brent

Profile photo of elviselvis
    @elvis

Brent,

The current subscribing facility is fine if you want to receive an email everytime someone responds to a topic (not for me).

I am referring to bookmarking – so when each time I return to pi.com I want to review my bookmarked topics i.e. my hot topics.

This topic contains similar opinions in the bookmark subject.

I have also created a new topic here https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8353

Regards,
    Elvis

Participant
    @brent

Hi Elvis,

I think I’m going to need to pass this one to someone more technically adept.. I’m not sure if I understand the difference between bookmarks and the page at https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/subscription_list.asp which is a list of topics I’m subscribed to.

Brent

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.