All Topics / Value Adding / [moved] Help with Development info

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of WAFWAF
    @waf

Hi all,
    I recently saw 175.9 acres within the proposed town site, adjacent to the fresh water River and tourist route to a major attraction. A full concept plan for 33 lots ranging from 1 to 6.5 ha lots is available to the purchaser. Currently fenced into 8 paddocks with good soil types, approximately half cleared, the remainder is karri, marri and peppermint bushland. There’s permanent water plus winter creeks and bore. There’s also a small 1 bedroom cottage and hay shed. Exclusive to this agency

advertised. Now the concept plans were before council who apparently will require a full structure plan? The property was for sale for over 500k but the owner want’s the cash and I believe he may consider offers around 330k. Won’t say where it is but within a couple of hours of a capital city and a lovely area. Basically I have been told not to bother because council approval may be years away. Not knowing anything about development can some one offer me clues re a feasibility study, council help etc.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne

Profile photo of HousesOnlyHousesOnly
    Participant
    @housesonly

Wayne
    There are many steps in the subdivision of rural land and it does normally take a long time. Councils are often understaffed and overextended hence the delays. If you can pick up the land for $330K and are prepared to wait it out for some time, building your interest and other holding costs into your feasibility study along with realistic projections of selling prices for the 33 lots over different timeframes you may find it to still be a worthwhile opportunity even over an extended period.

Profile photo of markpatrickmarkpatrick
    @markpatrick

If they have gone that far with it, you have to wonder why they are “giving” it away.

Profile photo of WAFWAF
    @waf

Markpatrick,
    I asked the RE the same question and he basically said that the owner needed the cash and was not prepared to wait a couple of years for council to approve it.

Cheers

Profile photo of ActTodayActToday
    Participant
    @acttoday

Not sure about other States but in WA beware the Waters & Rivers Commission. There covenant is enough to make you run a mile.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.