All Topics / Help Needed! / How to retire with 50k??

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Matt

That sounds good. Just buy a few properties, using 20% deposits. Go slow, build up more savings and go from there by buying even more. Set a goal of x properties per year. Work out what income you need, and then how many properties you need to meet that income.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

I have a very different approach.

$25,000 bet black, then double it three time. if it is red then use the $25,000 to bet on red then double it three time.

good luck.

Kind regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

interesting theory Chan,

quote:

lol… But what happens if the bet lands on 0.

cheers,
    s.i.s

Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hey Matt.

You know how you can retire on $1 dollar. Yes $1 dollar.

Win 20 rounds of playing black and red on roulette, with out losing and doubling each bet. After 20 rounds of winnings and doubling your bet, you will have over $1 million.

cheers,
    s.i.s

$1, $2, $4, $8, $16, $32, $64, $128, $256, $512, $1024, $2048, $4096, $8192, $16384, $32768, $65536, $131072, $262144, $524288, $1048576

People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million

@matt-p

I don’t suppose you would like to tell me my chances [:p]

Matt

Profile photo of MonkeyMagicMonkeyMagic
    @monkeymagic

Matt,

If you are worried about losing the money or servicing the loan I would tend to go for less IP’s with lower gearing ratios. As with anything the higher the reward the higher the risk.

Josh

@matt-p

Hey guys,
    Josh, I can understand where your coming from, like I said before, I would prefer to have 2-3 =ve CF IPs, and still have some money left in the bank. But I orignally started this thread to what other people would do, if they had 50k to spend on property. Thx for your help [:D]

Matt

Profile photo of Elysium-MElysium-M
    @elysium-m

Hi Matt,

When I was much younger, I wish I had my head screwed on right, and someone told me about investing in property. Not just “you should buy property”, but how I should be investing. Unfortunately, there were no books like Steve’s back then, and I watched Wall Street once too often.

I just want to suggest the following:

• Don’t be in a rush to buy. If you see an absolute beaut of a property, but can’t get it for the price you’re comfortable with, walk away. There’ll be another pearler in a week or two.
    • Contrary to Michael Douglas’s opinion, greed is NOT good. Greed leads to rash decisions, which lead to fear and loathing, which leads to you losing a lot of money, and owing a lot more. Be honest with yourself. If you’re getting some runs on the board, and self-confidence is turning into greed and overconfidence, pull yourself up and take a reality check.
    • Don’t believe everything that people tell you (including me), even people who claim to be experts, people you’re paying for advice and people that everyone tells you that you should listen to. Do your own research, critically check and challenge what you’re told, and make sure you’re comfortable with it before you go ahead and commit yourself. Is it legal? Will it actually work out for someone in your circumstances? What’s the catch?

Above all, good luck and happy investing!

Cheers
    Elysium-M

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.