All Topics / General Property / API Mag Stats

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

Perusing the API Mag over a few beers at Christmas, I noticed that the yield etc stats at the back are all for the year to June 2003. JUNE?!

The mag came out in early December 2003. This means that they (Residex?) have at least four months to compile the numbers and get them to API by the end of October for printing.

Anyone else find it a bit rich that for a mag with a publication date of Dec / Jan 2004 that the numbers there are over 6 months old?!

Perhaps it’s to encourage sales of Residex reports which may be more current!

Profile photo of MJKMJK
    @mjk

Their Median prices and growth rate seem to be a bit conservative also.

MJK

Profile photo of DerynakaDerynaka
    @derynaka

Hi Rubbachook [8D]

I was just reading these tables this morning.
    If you notice the correction at the bottom of the page it says that the last data printed was incorrect and they had to reprint the correct data in this issue, I dont know what the use of reprinting the old data is, as they will need to catch up at some stage.

Regards

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

Derynaka, yes, there is the disclaimer was there, but it’s like saying “today’s newspaper actually only has yesterday’s news because we printed the wrong news in yesterday’s paper”.

A bit pointless, really – unless there is a known huge market for people that track these things. But I would think not. It all seems a bit illogical.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.