All Topics / General Property / WA Investors

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Hi ya Redwing,

You’re right, being comfortable with the property is a must. Only found 2 that would have been +ve geared, one was in shocking condition in not such a good area and the other was reasonable but an odd sort of setup plus the agent said straight out that is was a really bad street, so I guess I felt they didn’t count. There were a couple that were nice and the figures were close, but close isn’t good enough for us, this next one has to be +ve or we’ll come to a standstill as far as getting finance for any more.

Does it bother you (or anyone else out there reading this) what the houses are made of ie: Fibro? I’ve tended to shy away from these but wondering what others think.

Regards
    Purple Kiss

Fortune Favours the Bold.

Profile photo of recoverymanrecoveryman
    @recoveryman

Hi[:)]
    I was luckly with geraldton, I brought unseen, so will be interesting to see what they look like in real life
    I plan to get some more if they come up, I think I will have to be luckly again be there at teh right time sort of thing
    looking forward to meeting people from the forum, as I live in Bega NSW I have not meet ant others, should be good, I am in Perth from 19-21 then geraldton 22-23 then perth 24 fly out late 25 phone number 0417949090
    recovery

“I should be content to look at a mountain for what it is and not as a comment on my life” D. Ignatow

Profile photo of HamsterHamster
    @hamster

Thank you Redwing for your comments.

Last year, I had a short chat with Metro Concept in Osb. Park and he said that it would take up to between 9 mths to 1 year to complete the two 4x2s. Total cost 250K, fully built.

Do you think it’s best to wait a bit longer to see what’s going on before either sell up the block or start building ?

Profile photo of nayes03nayes03
    @nayes03

Hey Redwing,

We are dealing with Margarets Willetton branch which opened in Oct 03. So far we have found them to be very helpful and have been treated very professionally. They dont find the properties for you although have their ear to the ground but they do help to set up new mortgage structure and assess property for cash flow.

Anyhow, good luck.
    Would love to hear how you go with them.

Nayes

Profile photo of Elysium-MElysium-M
    @elysium-m

Hey Hamster,

$250k for both houses? Is that semi-detached or 2 standalone houses? Anyway, it seems like quite a bit.

Is it a turnkey price, or do you have to spend extra for fixtures and fittings? For example, carpets, painting, window treatments, appliances etc. And what about site preparation and utilities connections?

If it’s turnkey, then maybe it’s not so bad, but if you’ve got to pay more for the “extras”, then you might want to get a few more quotes to make sure it’s a fair price!

Cheers
    Elysium-M

Profile photo of FibejebeFibejebe
    @fibejebe

Are we gonna have a get together while recoveryman is over or what? My suggestion is breakfast at Freo E shed markets on the Saturday morning. (9.30?) That’s central for those from Mandurah and those in the Northern subs. Any other suggestions?
    Fibejebe.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Fibejebe

Doesn’t recovery man get here on the 19th to the 21st ( Monday-Tuesday-wednsday ) ??? Saturdays the 17th ??

I can’t make the Saturday as i’m working..

If you do get together as a group though,on Saturday, Great, be good to get some brainstorming happening over here and i’ll surely be at the next one.. : )

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

@recoveryman

Fibejebe and all
    Sunday (25th) would be good for me I think I will be still up north on saturday. tuesday pm or wednesday am 21 are also good times
    recovery
    p.s I could dive pass properties and give visual feedback if needed in towns up to geraldton

“I should be content to look at a mountain for what it is and not as a comment on my life” D. Ignatow

@recoveryman

[:)]Hi all i forgot
    what are some of the attraction of perth for a 10 year
    old boy as he is comming with me, thanks
    recovery[8D]
    p.s this couold be relateed tp PI as it shows what is
    on offer in Perth[:o)]

Profile photo of ActTodayActToday
    Participant
    @acttoday

The zoo here is really great and Scitech http://www.scitech.org.au/ every little (and big) boy’s dream venue. http://www.aqwa.com.au/main.asp might be another place of interest. There is also a motor musuem at Fremantle and some other huge new museum on boating (I think)but I’ve not been to it.
    Hope your son enjoys his visit.

If I knew then what I know now……….you know how it goes

Profile photo of FibejebeFibejebe
    @fibejebe
    Originally posted by recoveryman:

Fibejebe and all
    Sunday (25th) would be good for me I think I will be still up north on saturday. tuesday pm or wednesday am 21 are also good times
    recovery

Just realised it will be the Oz day long weekend. We will be away.[:I] Tuesday PM may still be an option for us. Is anyone interested? Venue? Fremantle?

I looked to see whether there might be a better forum to start a new thread on for this topic and there isn’t a “meeting” type heading anywhere. (Unless you consider yourself to be a guru recoveryman! and then it would appear that we have to guru-watch you!)[:D] Maybe something for admin to consider.

How about I start a new thread in forum frolic so that those not interested can skip it. It will only be active for a maximum of 10 days anyway.

Fibejebe.
    [:p]

@recoveryman

[:)]hi
    looking forward to meeting some WA property invester
    I am not a guru, just a bloke that likes to buy postive cashflow properties[:D]
    I dont get to talk about property investing much as most peoples eyes glass over if you talk about having more that one house
    i live in a country town, Bega, realy I live in a village 15 min from Bega, as far as I know there is not many people around that are into postive cashflow
    properties, so it will be good to catch up with like minded people
    recovery

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Hey Recoveryman,

Just catching up on this thread after another trip to Geraldton, this one may have been fruitful, we shall see, if not, then I’ll start looking elsewhere. Anyway, just noticed you said you were driving up there, do you realise it’s a 5 to 6 hour drive (depending what suburb you’re starting from) with not much in between Perth and Geraldton. Better get your boy something to do on the way up so he doesn’t get bored.

Anyway, have a good trip up, hope it’s not too hot.

Purple Kiss

Fortune Favours the Bold.

Profile photo of CanAmCanAm
    Participant
    @canam

I've been absent for a few years.
    Took a bashing.
    Bouncing back slowly.
    Wondering how the WA folk are getting on and if there is any 'think tank' action happening?

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.