All Topics / General Property / WA Investors

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Hi All

Well the New Year’s upon us and Christmas is just a drunken memory for some[B)] I’m looking forward to the year and expect it to be a great one.

I’m learning all the time from this forum..

What is everyones plans for the next few months in regards to achieving your goals, and how are you going with these plan’s ??

I’m ‘still’ searching, asking questions here and elsewhere and trying to make the next move towards my goals, a + geared property in the next month or two would be great.

I’ve spoken to my mortgage broker and know my borrowing limit , i’ve re-valued my IP’s and PPOR, and ‘still’ adding value to PPOR

We added electronically timed reticulation to front and rear yard’s – quotes ranged from $1600 to $800 for just the front yard –we did both for $400ourselves- bought new plant’s,added soil conditioner to garden beds, fertilised topsoil to lawns – very smelly, lucky our neighbours like us!

So doing reno’s etc and value-adding to PPOR, makes it nicer for us to live in and add’s equity.

The question is How are you doing now ? and what are your plans for the Year ?

REDWING

ALL THE BEST FOR THE YEAR

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

HI Redwing, sounds like you have your yards looking and (smelling) nice [:D], my plans are just to slow down a bit and try and think of a new angle of investing. Think things are a bit uncertain atm so im trying to be patient to get some feel for which way the market will go, i am also in the middle of waiting for two ips to settle ,but unless a great bargain comes my way im looking only but not touching just atm[8D]
    Shaun

I thought i was wrong once, but i was mistaken !

Profile photo of showmethemoneyshowmethemoney
    Participant
    @showmethemoney-2

Gday Redwing and WA Investors

For the coming year the plan is to optimize our existing portfolio rather than purchase any other property. The reason being that I have not been able to find anything that makes sense and would rather wait until people are discussing their sharemarket successes again.

Plan is to complete an ongoing triplex development and draw up plans for redevelopment of a commercial property we have.

Clive

Profile photo of Elysium-MElysium-M
    @elysium-m

Hi fellow sandgropers,

I’m going into a consolidation phase for the next 6 months or so. Don’t plan to buy another property until after then.

Got a bit of equity in my portfolio, so I’m going to put money back into the stockmarket – I figure that if the property market is plateauing, money is going to flow back into the stockmarket (as shown by historical economic cycles). Rather than buying shares on market, I’ll be trying to put money into placements and IPOs.

Many on this forum may disagree with me, but I believe that you can make money from more than one type of investment.

Cheers
    Elysium-M

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

After losing tens of thousands in the last ‘share market boom’ I thought I would venture back with the ALH float. Thankfully it was a flop and I didn’t get an allocation. Was a free reminder for me – stick to whatever you know best.

Profile photo of ActTodayActToday
    Participant
    @acttoday

As we make our money from building houses as well as investing in houses I think we will work with what we have and hold off buying unless something jumps out and says “pick me”[:o)]

If I knew then what I know now……….you know how it goes

Profile photo of recoverymanrecoveryman
    @recoveryman

Hi
    I am comming over on the 19th fro 5 days with my 10 year old son to go up north to sort out some PI that I have, brought 4 months ago
    would be interested in meeting anyone for coffee
    to discuss WA PI’s
    recovery

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Hey Recoveryman

Working over period to the 20th [:(]

feel free to contact me though
    barrytspencer”AT”yahoo.com.au

How far up north are you going ??

I’m still ‘searching’ have a nice little sheet printed out that i write prices, fixed outgoings etc into to try and work out viablity of property, e-mailed a few agents and in contact with them regarding said properties, hope to add to portfolio..

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

@recoveryman

Hi[:)]Redwing
    I am going up to geraldton
    I am staying in perth doing tourist thing for
    2 to 3 days so I will email you my details
    recovery

Profile photo of HamsterHamster
    @hamster

I have a duplex block in Embleton and am looking to build two 4x2s. I think I might be over capitalised, if start building ?[8)]

Would someone in this “WA Investors” group please point me the right way or share his/her comments in regarding to building houses ? Rental wise or sale after built ?

Profile photo of CanAmCanAm
    Participant
    @canam

I am swinging between the research stage and jumping in.

Must have put in an average of about 2 offers per week over the last few months but haven’t secured anything yet (the reno market). I haven’t brought myself up to speed 100% on the ‘positive cash flow’ scenarios yet though have been doing an awful lot of reading in between taking advantage of good movements in the share market (my actual job).

OK, back to the reading…..oh yes, and faxing yet another offer….

recoveryman & redwing

Time permiting and with your concent – would love to join you for ‘think tank’. Feel free to contact me if OK.

Cheers
    :)

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

HAMSTER;

building delays are still shocking over here, so watch out for that if you are in danger of over extending. Good quality developments should still sell pretty well; economy booming etc. Rents aren’t too flash. If you want some detailed opinions, feel free to email me on [email protected].

Extensive list of new Perth property available for sale.

Alternatively, become a joint venture partner in one of our property development partnerships – contact me to find out why our developments are unique. John – 0419 198 856

Participant
    @redwing

Hamster

As Ausprop said “delays’ are bad here at the moment, probally looking at 12-14 months to get the place built! They had a brick shortage , with the ‘boom’ and all.

Some shocking builders too.. even with a good company, depends what ‘team’ you get building the place.

Do a search on embleton for rents etc see what 4×2’s are getting, you could also just subdivide and sell land component if you have room ??

my 2c for now anyway

REDWING

@recoveryman

hi[:)]
    canam no problem with me, the more the better
    my phone number is 0417949090
    will be in Perth late on 19th stay 2-3 days tehn up to
    Geraldton for 2 days
    tehn back to Perth fly out late 25th
    recovery

“I should be content to look at a mountain for what it is and not as a comment on my life” D. Ignatow

Participant
    @redwing

CanAm

No problems here also

The more the merrier and it’ll be good to ‘bounce’ ideas off each other. i’m dropping into Margaret Lomas’s new e-destiny office in Joondalup to find out a bit more about thier group on Friday for an appointment..

REDWING

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Well, I’m in the middle of getting our investment properties revalued, finance pre-approval is subject to this and then off to find the next IP (although I’ve been looking anyway). Doesn’t worry me if it happens in 2 days, 2 weeks or two months, so long as it happens this year.

Recoveryman, you must have invested in Geraldton just in time. Was up there first weekend in January and +ve geared properties were nearly non-exisitant, prices have increased steadily since September. So it means I’m still looking, the hardest bit seems to be finding a town where the population isn’t going backwards! Even Geraldton’s population has decreased but I had thought it was big enough to whether it out. But unless a +ve IP appears up there will have to consider other towns.

Regards
    Purple Kiss

Participant
    @redwing
    Originally posted by PurpleKiss:

Well, I’m in the middle of getting our investment properties revalued, finance pre-approval is subject to this and then off to find the next IP (although I’ve been looking anyway). Doesn’t worry me if it happens in 2 days, 2 weeks or two months, so long as it happens this year.

So it means I’m still looking, the hardest bit seems to be finding a town where the population isn’t going backwards!

PurpleKiss

Just completed the same and agree with you regarding finding a + geared property That you’re comfortable with I’ve found + Geared properties, but, you have to be comfortable with the area and the prospects of the town/popualation etc and be reasonably happy there is always a chance of getting a tenant.. no tenant no Ca$h

REDWING

Participant
    @redwing

Hamster,

Had a quick look 4×2’s for sale in Embleton around the $240+ region, that’s established.Not a bad area, close to the “Galleria” shopping centre, golf course and Tomkin Hwy not to far away ( shortish trip to airport or city even )

You could do worse, though, as we said, building new is a slow process at the moment.

I’m in Morley.

REDWING

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp

Hi RM – good luck with your hunting in Geraldton.

Things are certainly on the move up there. I’d say up maybe 10-15% since July/August[:D]. Now >7% would be the exception rather than the rule [:(].

Regards, Peter

Profile photo of FibejebeFibejebe
    @fibejebe

So are there plans for a coffee get together or anything? We are down in Mandurah. Let me know if anything is planned.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.