All Topics / Heads Up! / findmeahome

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Does anyone go to
    http://www.findmeahome.com.au
    You can have the CG of 3 properties a month predicted, free, and I did this a few times. They tell you how much this property will be worth in 5 years.

Does anyone know how reliable this info is? What do they base the predictions on, I suppose on the CG from lasst quarter/year?
    If so, then I suppose it’s not that reliable since growth never stays the same over 5 years.
    Or is there another way they work this out?
    [?]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I put my house in, and they ‘didn’t have enough data to work it out’.

It seems that they must use what you put in as your ‘guesstimate’ of value now, and compare with what others have said etc. etc.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Celivia and Melbear,

Cant remember, and havent used this site in ages. I think this is also another one that gives free evaluation on houses, either on properties you own or are interested. Though the response is slow.

http://www.whatsmyhouseprice.com – this is not the link, but its something similar to how the web address i posted. Sorry i cant get the exact address, but very similar to the address just given.

cheers,
    s.i.s

“People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million.”

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2
    @still-in-school
    Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

THanks for the link to the whatsmyhouseprice link, I’m trying to try it out but you gotta fill in how big your house is in sq. Nooooooooooooooo idea! [?] [:I]
    I only know it in metres. ANy one know about how to convert metres to sq??????
    So my house is about 230 square metres, how much would that be in sq???
    Strange, they ask for the size of land in m2.
    Thanks, any mathsbrains amongst you for your converting.[8D]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Cel,

I *think* that 230 sqm = 23 squares… Now, I’m just guessing on this, but my mum always talks about squares, and now, i just divide the sqm by 10 or multiply the squares my 10. I just made this up and am probaby wrong, but at least it gives me a guesstimate when i see squares advertised. :)

80sqm unit = 8 squares etc…

Does anyone wanna correct me on this?

kay henry

Participant
    @celivia

Thanks Kay, hope you’re right, ’cause it’s so easy to work out this way, even for me[:o)]

@still-in-school

Hey Guys,

23 squares is way to small, i think that caculation is wrong some where

try the middle size availabe on the web link, thats the bst bet for an average size home.

cheers,
    s.i.s

People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million

Participant
    @celivia

I have just used Kay’s measurement, but then in comments I told them it’s just a guess and gave them the m2 and asked them to work it out.[:)]
    ALso asked why the house is measured in sq while the land is measured in m2.[?]

@kay-henry

sis,

We’re discussing the difference between “square metres” and “squares”, and how to convert one to the other.

kay henry

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

Hi’

1 square metre= 10.76 square feet
    1 square = 100 square feet

so 23 squares = 213.75m2 ( 23*100/10.76 )

and 230 m2 = 24.75 squares ( 230*10.76/100 )

Cheers

http://www.tradingforaliving.info

Profile photo of young.learneryoung.learner
    @young.learner

personally, i don’t believe that an internet site would be able to predict the price of a property for five years. And if it can, i know for a fact, that it could not be accurate. Take this real estate boom we’ve had since ’92. The average appreciation for the past 11 years has been 140%, 43% more than predicted by professional real estate forcasters. It reasons like these, that i wouldn’e trust these type sites, but that’s just my opinion

CYA
    Karan

@kay-henry

thanks wayne for the conversion- i wasn’t too far off- just a bit- hehe :)

I’m with karan on the predictions oh home prices. Sounds like a gimmick so they can send you advertising for ever and ever afterwards- I hate giving any of these URL’s my email address- I just end up unsubscribing anyway.

Predicting CG is like predicting interest rates for the next 5 years- you gonna invest on the info of some unheard of company making wild predictions? It’s like a prospectus- even they can be dodgy.

kay henry

Participant
    @celivia

THanks Wayne for the conversion, now I finally know how big my house is. ANd you weren’t far off Kay thanks to your Mum!
    Nah I would never invest on their info, but I think it’s just a bit of fun having it done, then years later see how far off they were.[:)]
    But I just wondered how they work it out.
    Oh aren’t those smilies ever so cute, I think I’m falling in love with the clown[:o)][:o)][:X][:o)][:o)]

@still-in-school

Hi Celivia and Kay,

How they work it out for you is. An actual real estate agent, who is in that area, will send you either an email, letter in the mail or call you and tell you that they recieved an alert from “what price my house”, and they will tell you what your house is roughly worth against other properties in the area that are similar.

Its all safe and there pretty accurate as well, as some agents have gone and done drive bys for some of my properties and told me, market values they would think the property would be worth and based on the details given.

No harm in doing it, though i quite enjoy it as its free to do it this way, rather than to pay $250 on each valuation on each of your properties.

Also doing this, allows you quickly to be able to know which property can be re-evaluated by the bank, with out wasting unecessary bank valuations, if you are not sure.

Cheers,
    s.i.s

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.