All Topics / Heads Up! / Best property books

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Thought I would start a thread on everyones favourite property books.

Mine are (in no particular order)

Reno kings “10 golden rules” and “secrets of prop investment”- dirt cheap, fantastic info, packed with finding, buying, managing info. Have found much info in here worth a mint that is not mentioned anywhere else.

Ricks wrap pack- excellent (cant comment on steves as I havent read it, and cant buy the new one yet!) ps- when is the new pack going on sale????????????????????????????????????????

Penguin’s “diy manual” – truly a bible to allow us hubbies to dig ourselves out of the various holes we have dug for ourselves.

Noel whittakers “making money made simple” an oldie but a goodie. Good common financial sense. Strange, but now when I read his newspaper articles, he is heavily into borrowing for shares, a tactic he expressly discouraged in his old book. (the cynical would say that as a financial advisor, he would love the 1% commission available, but can only charge hourly rates on property investing!)

Rich dad/ poor dad by Kiyosaki- loved this book, fascinated by it, until I read a rebuttal on the net showing that most of the content was probably not true, and unlikely to have happened (example- no one has actually been able to track down his “rich dad”!). Still, a fascinating read, but take with a grain of salt.

And, last but by no means least, 0-130 properties. An excellent book, with the benefit of showing how to own a massive number of cash positive (but slower appreciating in cap gains) properties, rather than owning one or two neg geared properties (which will usually appreciate faster) I think that this book has fundamentally changed the way that we view property investment. But after a long property bull run, unfortunately most properties (in all cities, and most regional centres) have far overshot their fair prices, well into negative gearing territory! I wish that there were more deals around like this these days! In NSW, there is very few cash +ve props, and they are in the one and two horse towns, and if they die, so will your investment. example- just came back from tassie, saw a couple of houses for sale in Roseberry (a amall 3000person mining town on the west coast). Houses three years ago were 5-15K- yes, you could get change from fhog!. Now, some were asking the rediculous price of 60-80k! There are only two employers in town- a pasminco zinc mine (pasminco is going into liquidation) and rennisson, a tin mine. If one, of both companies go bust, the town will be a ghost town overnight.

Any other bookworms or bibliophiles out there?

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Wrappack

I have moved your topic to the property plus board because it is a more general topic than wraps and will get a better response in this board.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of ShusharShushar
    @shushar

I a true bookworm.
    If I stopped buying books I’d havve more money to spend on property![:)]

I’ve read all of Margaret Lomas and Jan Somers’s books and would recommend them to anyone.

Can you please give me more information on Reno kings “10 golden rules” and “secrets of prop investment”?

Thanks

Profile photo of ShusharShushar
    @shushar

I have just purchased from Amazon –

“Multiple Streams of Income ” by Robert Allen & “Secure Your Financial Future Investing in Real Estate ” by Martin Stone.

I’ll let you know what I think once I’ve read them…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.