All Topics / General Property / property manager in Campbelltown area 2560

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of canetoadhuntercanetoadhunter
    Participant
    @canetoadhunter

Hi all,

Does anyone know a good property manager around Campbelltown? What sort of experience have you had with them? Is there anyone there who just manages properties rather than a general real estate agency?

Have one townhouse there and i’m sure the current management could be improved on.

thanks for any help
    gerald

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Hi Gerald, I live around this area, but unfortunately I have no IPs here. I wish I had started investing here a few years ago, nice and close and CG has been huge. IT’s all become so expensive now!

Out of interest, if you want to tell me, which suburb is your townhouse in? And do you live far from there yourself?
    Which agency did you buy from? I’m asking that because I know about Starr that if you buy from them and then choose them as your PM you’re getting a reduction and/or some other bonuses.
    Oh if you don’t want to tell me on the forum here’s my email address: cvanzal@bigponddotcomdotau

Neighbours a few houses away from me are renting and Starr is their agency. THey say that they’re pretty good. But that’s from a renter’s viewpoint, of course.
    I do know that they are probably the biggest and most well-known RE agency around here. (But there are many others)
    I’m not sure if they do proper and regular inspections, I find this very important. I will ask the neighbours when I see them, if they get 6 monthly inspections and let you know.

I don’t know of any agency that just manages properties, all the ones I know are selling and managing.

If you do a search, there is an interesting post on what to look for in a property manager, which might be good info to know before you proceed.

If you need me for anything if you live far from your IP, please ask and I see if I can help.[:)]

Profile photo of canetoadhuntercanetoadhunter
    Participant
    @canetoadhunter

Thanks Celivia,

I think the suburb is called Englorie Park (the name has changed since i’ve owned it).

I’ve only ever seen the place once even though i only live in the inner west – the less directly hands on i can be the better to my way of thinking. And yes it has been fantastic the last few years – i’ve had it since it was built about seven years ago – and now it has allowed me to all sorts of other good things with all that equity. Another negative gearing come good success story. Don’t remember who i bought it through – some investor property salesperson, who i was pleased to trust and let do all the work, before i learnt a lot more about all this stuff.

I would like to hear reports of managers there from renters perspectives if you do find out. I think that is really important. And, as a renter myself, i don’t believe renters are scum as many landlords and property managers seem to assume.

Thanks for the offer of help. Might take you up on it if the need arises.
    cheers
    gerald

Participant
    @canetoadhunter

Thanks Celivia,

I think the suburb is called Englorie Park (the name has changed since i’ve owned it).

I’ve only ever seen the place once even though i only live in the inner west – the less directly hands on i can be the better to my way of thinking. And yes it has been fantastic the last few years – i’ve had it since it was built about seven years ago – and now it has allowed me to all sorts of other good things with all that equity. Another negative gearing come good success story. Don’t remember who i bought it through – some investor property salesperson, who i was pleased to trust and let do all the work, before i learnt a lot more about all this stuff.

I would like to hear reports of managers there from renters perspectives if you do find out. I think that is really important. And, as a renter myself, i don’t believe renters are scum as many landlords and property managers seem to assume.

Thanks for the offer of help. Might take you up on it if the need arises.
    cheers
    gerald

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

Canetoadhunter,

Out of interest, too (it seems Celivia and I live in the same suburb), I am interested in the “name change” you speak of. Did they change your IP suburb from Ambarvale or Glen Alpine or was it from some fluffy marketing name?

Participant
    @celivia

Hi again Gerald, I think these townhouses are pretty close to the Macarthur square, do you know if it is walking distance from it? If so, I am very very very jealous of your townhouse! I think Rubbachook will be jealous as well! [:D]
    You should may be go to this shopping square one day and check it out, look at your townhouse again. Mate look after it well ’cause it’s pure gold.[^]
    Because these houses over there are going to be growing even more, I reckon. They’re selling townhouses now for around $320K, they look pretty good too. A few years ago they extended the whole of Macarthur shopping square (which benefitted the marketprices) and now they are going to spend another something like 30-35 million dollars to add even more shops.
    They’re building some more houses opp the square, I reckon this will be the very last bit of land they’re building on now, I don’t think there’s any more land left around there, do you think that’s true too, Rubbachook?

I can’t stand myself [xx(]for not being interested in buying IPs before, right under my nose were the best deals ever, also other suburbs around Campbelltown had 100% growth in the past couple of years (like Narellan). But no I had to wait until they became un-affordable! Must be pretty heavily neg geared if you start buying there now.
    Now I have to go to God knows where for some income and growth, hours and hours away! GRRRR.[:P]
    Oh well one good thing if I look at the positive side, I got a lot of equity in my PPOR now, used only little of it so far.

I am very curious too, about the previous name of the suburb, I suppose Ambarvale?

ANd oh I wonder who was your previous PM, is there a reason why you can’t stay with them? Are you just looking for a better/cheaper one?

Participant
    @canetoadhunter

It was ambarvale, Rubbachook and Celiva, and it is a reasonable walk to macquarie square from memeory. The house is up on the hill above macquarie square – parkholme cct. I was valued at $250,000 mid last year ($210 per week rent). It tends to sit right on the median price and return for the area so it is easy to keep track of value, but i’m really glad to hear they are limiting the new land there. That is really good for future value. The housde also needs repainting inside and there are probably a few other small things that i can do to increase valuation if i needed more equity.

The current managers Macarthur first national, haven’t been bad lately, but in the early stages they kept promising to do things and not following through and generqally messing us around so it has sort of left a bad taste in the mouth. At the time too i had my wife constantly telling me that the purchase was a mistake, etc,(of course after it was done) so i kept it all as low a profile and passive as possible and didn’t change managers when i probably most needed to.

The last couple of years i got serious about this stuff and now know a lot more. And experiences in townsville with a really good property manager have lifted my expectations of such people so i thought i’d scout around.

And i’m very pleased with it too, and i’m sure my partner is though she doesn’t say much about these days.

Caio
    gerald

Profile photo of PRINCEPRINCE
    @prince

Hi,

I have recently put my IP with Robert R Andrew (Queen St Campbelltown). I have had no problems to date. One thing that made me decide to go with them is that the Rentals and Sales are managed personally by the owners and therefore have a personal interest in the business.

ThanX

Participant
    @celivia

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you, Canetoadhunter (Do you really hunt cane toads?[:o)])
    My neighbours are away at the moment, so I don’t have info about Starr as yet.[:(]
    But I do agree with Princess, that it is a good thing having the owners manage it.
    I also have an IP managed directly by the owner. Husband manages sales and wife manages rentals and I’ve had only good things to say so far, and good communication.[^]

Profile photo of callumcallum
    Participant
    @callum

quote:

Originally posted by PRINCE$$

Hi,

I have recently put my IP with Robert R Andrew (Queen St Campbelltown). I have had no problems to date. One thing that made me decide to go with them is that the Rentals and Sales are managed personally by the owners and therefore have a personal interest in the business.

ThanX

Profile photo of callumcallum
    Participant
    @callum

quote:

Originally posted by PRINCE$$

Hi,

ThanX

I too have had a good experience with Robert R Andrew, Queen Street, Campbelltown, as our Property Managers.

Laura and Kathryn look after our properties most efficiently and reliably and I have great peace of mind knowing our millions of dollars of investments are in such good hands.

I did my homework before deciding to use Robert R Andrew after less than positive experiences with other property managers in Campbelltown. I rang six agencies that had been recommended to me and interviewed their property managers with a list of questions I needed the right answers to.

Then I visited and interviewed in person the top three of these before deciding on R R Andrews. I figured I wanted someone with experience who I could be confident that they knew what they were doing and could work as part of my “team” to help me achieve my financial and wealth creating goals. I didn’t want a teenager straight out of high school in charge of my investments. Too big a risk to take for me.

So far I have not been disappointed. They have even gone “beyond the call of duty” and I am most impressed.
    Would highly recommend them.

Participant
    @canetoadhunter

Thanks Princess and Callum,
    I will follow up on your referral and check these people out. Sounds like an improvement on my current lot. I’ll have to dig out the contract and see what i signed up for all those years ago.
    cheers
    gerald
    PS Yes – in winter i hunt cane toads up north

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.