Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of markpatrickmarkpatrick
    @markpatrick

Does anyone have any experience with having property zoning changed.
    How much does the fact a block is zoned non urban affect the price.
    In my experience it does not make a lot of difference depending on why.
    Flooding is the main reason I have found to contribute to this zoning but the houses I am looking at have not shown any evidence of flooding for 60 + years.
    Any help appreciated.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Markpatrick.. Is this rockhampton your takling about ??
    Anyway contact thier local council or Dept Of Land Administration

Other than that, sorry no help, just noticed, no-one had replied to you as of now..

REDWING

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

In NSW they refer to certain flood areas as one in a hundred year flood prone.

This might suggest that 60 years flood free may have little bearing on the issue.

Why don’t you call the duty planner at the relevant council – I have always found them only to happy to chat over the phone about zonings and the possibilities with particular properties.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of markpatrickmarkpatrick
    @markpatrick

Thanks for the replies!.
    No it wasn`t Rockhampton I was referring to, I thought someone might have an experience with zoning issues. I have talked to the council.
    The house I bought which is in a supposed flood area has never actually been affected by a flood, the land was though once back in `42, but houses with the same zoning and flood levels two doors away have sold for $200,000, same size block similar house but renovated, the CBD is pretty much a flat area and I was told floodmaps were alll done by helicopter which means they may not be accurate, which I know to be the case.
    In my experience for example in Brisbane for years jindalee and many other areas went under in around `74 and the problem did play on the minds of those buying in the area for some time, many of these homes went under to the roof, but still the homes were selling and in this current boom it is all but forgotten.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.