All Topics / Forum Frolic / This is serious business guys, don’t laugh

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I cannot stop laughing about the email I just received – read on :

Most of us have either heard of or perhaps seen letters or emails from Nigerian conmen.

They appeal to people’s greed by offering a very clever and actually delightful story how they live in Nigeria and how their uncle, family friend or whatever has met with an accident and the conman asks for the receiver of the email’s assistance in spiriting the fortune (often running into ridiculous sums like $ 20 M or even more) out of the country in return for which you are offered say 20% of the proceeds.

Their stories actually sound very plausible.
    They ask for one’s personal details (bank account to have the money transferred to) and also ask you to send some money to cover the upfront expenses.

Many people have ben sucked in and sent (and lost) millions of dollars over the years to these conmen.

Well obviously this particular conman must have been trailing Steve’s website for email addresses, saw my Forum Alias (Pisces), assumed it is my surname and sent me the email shown below.

(Did anyone else receive such a similar letter ?)

Dear Sir

This letter is not intended to cause any embarrassment in whatever form, rather it is intended to contact your esteemed self, following the knowledge of your high repute and trustworthiness. Firstly, I must solicit your confidentiality. I know that a proposal of this magnitude will make anyone apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that it is made in good faith and will be of mutual benefit.

I am barrister John Ibe Esq, the personal attorney to Mr. Mark Pisces, herein after referred to as my client, a national of your country, who used to work with Shell Petroleum Development Company in Nigeria. My client and his entire family were involved in a fatal motor accident, which unfortunately claimed their lives, along the Sagamu express road, sparing none of the occupants of the vehicle.

I have since then made several enquiries to your Embassy, in a bid to locate any relation of my client, and these efforts of mine have not been productive. I then decided to trace his last name over the Internet, and came across your name which is why I have contacted you to assist me in securing the money and property left behind by my client before they are declared as unclaimed and unserviceable by the bank where they have been lodged for safekeeping.

I am particularly interested in securing the funds lodged with ACB International Bank Plc, totaling Ten Million, United States Dollar(USD10M).This is because the said Bank has issued a notice to me, unequivocally instructing me to produce the Next of Kin/Beneficiary to the said account within the next ten official working days, or have the account confiscated.

Considering my lack of success in my bid to locate his relatives for over two years, I solicit your consent to enable me produce you as the Next of Kin to my deceased client, since you both bear the same last name. The funds will then be transferred to you as the beneficiary and shared according to a proposed sharing pattern /ratio of 60:40 i.e. 60% for me and 40% for you.

I will provide all the necessary legally obtained documents to back up any claim we make regarding this process, and will just require your understanding and cooperation to enable us achieve success within a legitimate arrangement, eliminating any liability resulting from any breach of the prevalent laws.

Your urgent response will be highly appreciated; you can as well forward to me your Tell/Fax number immediately. Meanwhile you can reach me always with my private tel
    no: 234-802-3025581 E-mail:[email protected]

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Barr. John Ibe.

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

ahahahahah, how can you not laugh lol, is that is spam or what… lol

Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of xyzzyxyzzy
    Participant
    @xyzzy

Have a look at http://www.scamorama.com for ideas on how to handle this!

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

I am also getting emails like this reguarly…[:D]

[:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    Who want to be billionaire?

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi PG

Hey mate have you heard of anti spam software?

How’s India? Not too hot I hope.

See you soon.
    Happy New Year.
    Regards

Participant
    @propertyguru

Muppet,
    I don’t mind getting spam as it doesn’t take much time to delete and some time I get good info also from it.

Cheers

PropertyGuRu

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

quote:

Muppet,
    I don’t mind getting spam as it doesn’t take much time to delete and some time I get good info also from it.

Cheers

PropertyGuRu

The reason is its called spam, Guru, is becuse it is unwanted emails, ur not suppose to want them, and if u get the spam i get then i am sure u wouldn’t want them, i hope…. [:P]

Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Participant
    @propertyguru

Matt,

I understand what you trying to say. But I don’t mind. Please send me all your spam. [;)]
    Cheers

PropertyGuRu

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Hi all,

One spam I got, I was sick of them, so I replied with 30-50 odd copies of the reply email address….. stupid thing is they all returned with unknown address.. so i got a stack of returned mail… back fired !! [}:)]

Regards,
    Arty.

“Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.