Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of WAFWAF
    @waf

Hi,
    all this is my first post having recently found the site. After looking through the forums it seems there is heaps of info and helpful advice so I will definently be a regular visitor. I am fairly new to the investment market having purchased two propertys in W.A. last year. Both are not + cash flow nor are they negatively geared. The reason being at the time I chose to buy in areas where I thought the capital growth would be strong. I am currently living overseas so cannot benefit from tax advantages at the moment. After having said all that both properties have done well so far and they are both tenated and not hurting me too much. I am also thinking about buying regional as I believe it is a good option at the moment and a varied portfolio can’t hurt either.

If someone dosen’t mind can they point out where i can find the 11 sec rule on the site as I have looked around and found heaps of reference but not the actual rule. I apologise for my ignorance.

Anyway hope to talk to some of you soon. Regards to you all… and enjoy the New Year…. Wayne[:)]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

HI Wayne and Welcome

I’m not sure where on the toolbar the 11 second solution is, but simply it is a ‘filter’ tool that works out if the rent will be 10.4% of the purchase price.

You take the rent, divide by 2 and multiply by 1000.
    Rent = 200, /2 = 100, Price = $100,000.

Alternatively, you take the price, divide by 1000, and multiply by 2

Price = 120,000, /1000 = 120 * 2 =$240 per week in rent.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of WAFWAF
    @waf

Mel,
    thanks for that.

Cheers

Wayne[:)]

Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

Welcome to the forum Wayne, heaps of information to be learnt here. I too are fairly new to this forum and really enjoying the mass of information and questions and answers that are ready available. Enjoy [:D]

rgds Risky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.