All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Solicitors Fee’s

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Greetings all

I was wondering what the standard fees for solicitors are. Here in South Oz I have always used land brokers, and never paid more then $400. I used a solicitor in Tassie and the cost was $715. Is this standard?

I’m trying to arrange a lease for a tenant in Tassie where no property manager is to the best of my knowledge but the agent will arrange the lease for 5.5% of the yearly rent. I think that’s a bit steep considering I have to find the tenants and manage the property, they just arrange the signing of the lease.

Does any one on the forum have lease’s available for Tassie? How complicated is it to arrange the first lease I have ever done myself? What would be involved? Should I just bite the bullet for the first one and pay it the agent even tho I think its steep for the service provided?

Your thoughts please?

Regards Bear

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Bear, I don’t think I have paid LESS than $715 for any settlements I have had done.

As for the lease, 5.5% worked out to be about 3 weeks rent? Does sound a bit steep, but if they are going to do the inventory, and checks on the tenant for you it might be worth it. they’ve got access to TICA (the defaulting tenant database) whereas private landlords don’t.

contact the REITAS, they probably have their ‘recommended’ lease if you did want to do it yourself.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Hi Mel, thanks for your advice.

Hmmmmmm ok, i guess a solicitor would charge more then a Land Broker, Is SA the only place where land brokers are or are they everywhere also?

Regards Bear

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Mate, I had never heard of a land broker til you mentioned it.

There are no conveyancers in the ACT, so obviously I’ve only dealt with solicitors, and I get the same guys to do my NSW purchases.

Sorry I can’t help anymore.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.