All Topics / General Property / Undervalued suburb

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of raywhiteraywhite
    @raywhite

How do you confirm that a suburb is undervalued? I am looking for a couple more IPs in Brisbane and a couple of agents have pointed to The Gap. Hear a new roadway has just been completed linking this to the city and travel time is around 10 mins. Has anyone bought in this area or have seen capital gains recently? Friends tell me it gets pretty hot (weather wise) over there.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Ray White,

My brothers gf lives that way, being so, had the opportunity of having a look at many properties in that area, was cheap long ago, but the prices of The Gap in some areas are still in the mid $300k’s though in some other parts of The Gap, you will find property well over the $1 million dollar mark.

Seems to be an alright place to invest, though if you are after +ve cash flow properties, a much harder chance to come by them. Great for Capital Gain Returns.

Cheers
    s.i.s

“People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million.”

Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce

The only ‘new’ road I know out to the Gap is a little repair job on a bridge on Waterworks Road that was being worked on from September to December. The traffic is still atrocious during peak hour.

Nevertheless, the suburb is a leafy one close to the city with some nice homes, and maybe some agents feel it is undervalued relative to its aesthetics.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Profile photo of raywhiteraywhite
    @raywhite

Bruce,
    I was over there over the hols and saw a new 2-lane road that has just been opened (previously 1-lane). Locals are raving about it and claim it halves the travel time to the city. Prices seem to have crept up already but are still lower than surrounding suburbs.
    Question is “Is a $300/wk rent on a $270K investment with potential for strong capital growth good enough?” Any advice?

quote:

The only ‘new’ road I know out to the Gap is a little repair job on a bridge on Waterworks Road that was being worked on from September to December. The traffic is still atrocious during peak hour.

Nevertheless, the suburb is a leafy one close to the city with some nice homes, and maybe some agents feel it is undervalued relative to its aesthetics.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Profile photo of dannadsdannads
    @dannads

I live in Toowing and read the “West Side News”, a local paper covering topics of interest in this area, including The Gap. There is definitely a new road which they say will cut travel time down to 10 minutes from some parts opening in the new year sometime. The second page actually has an article on expected growth suburbs in 2004 and The Gap is highly rated.

Cheers
    Dannads

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

“Question is “Is a $300/wk rent on a $270K investment with potential for strong capital growth good enough?” Any advice? “

What’s the adress and the r/e agents telephone number, I will personally check it out for you!!![:D][}:)]

http://www.tradingforaliving.info

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.