All Topics / Heads Up! / Questions…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of damajoodamajoo
    @damajoo

Hi Steve,

Have read your book twice & need to clarify a couple of questions that come to mind. They are as follows:

1. In whose name did you buy the properties?

2. Did you have to get financing done for each property separately? Did you choose one bank & stick to it for all property financing? Did you have to take a bank in the same city where you bought properties or a bank in Melbourne dealt with all your financing? Could you please tell me more about this financing aspect?

3. Did you take an interest only loan or principal & interest loan for properties?

Would appreciate your answers to the above please.

Thanks & regards,

Anita majoo

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi Anita,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

quote:

1. In whose name did you buy the properties?

In the name of the entity which we set up to contropl our property investments. I believe that owning assets in your own name is not the best idea as you can be sued and the lot is on the line. Instead Dave and I created a structure where we control our wealth without owning it in our own names.

In fact, to explain this concept further required me to create a product on the issue. It’s called Wealth Guardian.

quote:

2. Did you have to get financing done for each property separately? Did you choose one bank & stick to it for all property financing? Did you have to take a bank in the same city where you bought properties or a bank in Melbourne dealt with all your financing? Could you please tell me more about this financing aspect?

At the start we sought finance on a property by property basis. Later, we managed to obtain a block of funding. Thesedays, we’re lucky in that we have a track record and have banks that are willing to be more flexible and continue to lend, provided we continue to show good results.

We have only ever borrowed 80%, and all loans (except commercial) are on 25 year P&I terms. I think it is necessary, once you get into debt, to also have a plan to get out of debt too.

In the course of our investing we have used a multitude of lenders. I don’t discriminate… if someone wants to lend me money I’m open to the idea! [:D]

quote:

3. Did you take an interest only loan or principal & interest loan for properties?

With the exception of commercial loans, where the term is usually 10 years and to do P&I would mean -ve cashflow, our loans are P&I. I wrote about this recently in a newsletter. Check the back issues.

Hope you enjoyed the book and look forward to seeing more of you on the forums.

Bye for now.

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of damajoodamajoo
    @damajoo

Hello Steve,

Appreciate your prompt reply to my queries. Hope you don’t mind my asking a few more questions, which I am listing below:

1. Could you please give some more details of what kind of entity is best to set up for investing in property & how much does it cost initially & annually to keep it going.

2. What kind of dwellings do you look for house, unit, townhouse, having 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms or even more.

3. What do you tell the agent you are looking for, what guidelines do you intimate to them for them to get back to you with the kinds of properties that give positive cash flows.

Hope it is not a bother for you. My husband & I would like to attend one of your seminars, what is the possibility of your holding one in Brisbane & the approx time when you may organise one here.

Thanks & regards,

Anita

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.