All Topics / General Property / Relocatable Homes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Jester2Jester2
    @jester2

Hi there

Could someone please shed some light on what to be wary of when looking into Relocatable Homes, that are located with caravan parks.

Is it easy to find permanent rentals? Are there expensive running costs associated? etc…

Or are they genuine opportunities for positive cashflow in close proximity to the city?

Thanks

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

As i understand it the ‘main’ downfall is that you never own the land the property sits on, so you pay for it up untill the day you die/sell.

The owners can periodiacally increase rent of the land and it’s expensive to relocate the house, having said that you may find somewhere you can purchase thge land component, remember- land appreciates, property depreciates

Do your research and maybe even stay at the site to see what the neighbours and other people in the area are like, strike up a conversation with some of the long term tenants etc..

REDWING

Profile photo of everdineeverdine
    @everdine

Hi Jester,
    I agree with Redwing and would add this caution…
    I am speaking about SA the state I know when I say that…. at the moment many of these homes are highly priced for what they are. As the demand for this type of home has increased for reasons of convenience, security and the facilites provided, many are being sold at higher than value price for their location. This has been happening with on-site vans also. So do careful research and sums, so you know exactly what you are paying for. On the whole relocatables are easy to maintain and repair. Maybe check out prices of new ones and compare that to the on-site ones.

Hope this helps,

Diane

Profile photo of petelspetels
    @petels

How the heck do you find a relocatable home that’s for sale in a park? I’m stumped !

Profile photo of ErikaErika
    @erika

Petels
    Try looking in the paper they are in my local paper all the time

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

I seen one in Echuca the other day!
    ‘Holdiday Maker’, they called it. $22k and you rent it for $50 a week.

Seems the caravan park owner was in the best position.

It’s didnt work out to be CF+. I didn’t look into it mutch more after the RE Agent said you have to live in it. And the owner couldn’t rent it.

After just travelling around a bit, i seen dozens of those Jayco mobile unit style homes, in caravan parks. I guess they sell these to rent in some cases, in parks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.