All Topics / Heads Up! / finding the time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of michealmicheal
    @micheal

howdy i work heaps of hours to finance the real estate inveting when i learn how to do it have 3 kids all the usual life stuff if i have to travel hours on end to find the deals how do people find the time to do it?

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

I understand your problem and have been there myself (except the 3 kids part).

The way I do it is a mixture of:

1. Me looking, but more lately…
    2. Paying a network of people (financiers, agents, bird dogs etc.) to find deals for me.

I find the wider a spread the good news (ie. profits in the deal), the more deals I find.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of Roberthb2001Roberthb2001
    Participant
    @roberthb2001

Teamwork and dedication!

Teamwork – get those within your ciricle of influence to contribute as much as they can. also have a seperate area for reserach and paperwork associated with your search etc – that way you have everything in one area without the stress of trying to find stuff at an inconvient (ie tax) time.

Time – in part related to the above but try to establish a schedule for your efforts and whole of life as well. I remmebr reading somewhre that we all live to a schedule, but most do not plan and live with the shambolic results.

Dedication – obvious.

hope this is of help.

Robert H Bromwich
    Brisbane Queensland

Profile photo of Julian2Julian2
    @julian2

Michael, it’s all about prioritising, making changes, sacrifice and doing the hard yards. Do you want it enough, and can you convince your family to run with you because it is going to pay off for them in the long term. The worthwhile things take a little effort, and can cause some temporary discomfort. But for many, myself included, it is definitely worth it in the long run. It’s also about doing things smarter rather than harder and Steve’s book and this forum are a good start.
    Good luck, Julian.

Profile photo of michealmicheal
    @micheal
    Quote:
    Michael, it’s all about prioritising, making changes, sacrifice and doing the hard yards. Do you want it enough, and can you convince your family to run with you because it is going to pay off for them in the long term. The worthwhile things take a little effort, and can cause some temporary discomfort. But for many, myself included, it is definitely worth it in the long run. It’s also about doing things smarter rather than harder and Steve’s book and this forum are a good start.
    Good luck, Julian.
    thanks for that julian if i may ask how many properties do you have and how long has it taken you to find them
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.