All Topics / General Property / anybody have Sydney inner city property

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of JackFrJackFr
    @jackfr

do you find you have problems with vacancy rates? are any of you managing to positively gear them?

thanks

Profile photo of BasslaBassla
    Participant
    @bassla

G’day,
    I’ve got one in the outer-west of Sydney and it’s definately not positively geared! I reckon you’d be hard pressed to buy a positively geared property in NSW period!I have been lucky in finding a good tenant who always pays one month in advance!
    Cheers

Profile photo of JackFrJackFr
    @jackfr

nobody in the inner city… was interested in leasing

on another note… somebody must be making money on inner city properties somehow? they can’t be all…um… stupid
    just wondering how with apperently low capital gains, a saturated market and low rentals?

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454

Inner city units are an expensive way of buying hope.
    As for an investment ….??????
    Look at the Connaught. It has great location, opposite Hyde Park, Harbour views from mid levels up, AND it has gone up very little in real terms in the last ten years. Other examples are the York.
    As a lifestyle, unless you are Chinese, the main tennant in the new developments, Sydney is dead as a doornail in the CBD on Sunday.
    I really don’t know what ppl were thinking????
    Believe that they were just buying hope.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi JackFr,

Currently looking in the Sydney Inner West Martket for a PPOR, but trying to find the “hottest deal of a life time” No luck yet, though will be looking at getting this PPOR and turning it into a IP at a later date, though if possible, will love to turn it into a +ve geared, but main aim is to pay it down as much as possilbe, then gear it, but offset it against any profits, if the property is still running at a loss.

Cheers
    s.i.s

“People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million.”

@jackfr

if you know of anyone that wants a tenant that always pays on time in the Sydney inner city area and that is willing to pay up to $600p/w for 2bdr or $750p/w 3bdr… let me know [:)]

@still-in-school

Talk about willing to pay high rent, thats more than most peoples weekly wage. What does this person do?

and is willing to pay $750 pw rent…
    [:O][:O][:O]

cheers
    s.i.s

“People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million.”

@jackfr

im the tenant

they’re the going rates in the city at the moment

@still-in-school

Hi JackFr,

Rather than pay rent, would you rather be interested in purchasing a PPOR for yourself.

Caculated on $750 a week Loan Repayment that would equal the affordability to pay such principle and interest loans at:

At 6% over 30 years – A loan value of $501,000 dollars
    At 7% over 30 years – A loan value of $452,000 dollars
    At 8% over 30 years – A loan value of $410,000 dollars

Maybe a bit hard to find a house at that price, but should not be hard to find a 3bdrm or even 4 bdrm Unit/Appartment at those figures.

cheers
    s.i.s

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Are you for real JackFr ?

Your first post I read as you wanting to know whether it is possible to obtain a + geared property in Sydney.

In your second post you are suddenly talking about wanting to rent a property

Then you say “nobody in the inner city… was interested in leasing”.

I cannot possibly imagine that it is impossible to find a property to rent.

Pisces133

@jackfr

sorry, for clearity two seperate topics may have been appropriate….

as a tenant I’m looking for leasing opportunities in the inner city of Sydney now

as a prospective investor I was aiming at getting some further information at the kind of experiences current owners of inner city properties have

“nobody in the inner city… was interested in leasing” was meant as “Is there really nobody that has property in the inner city?” and “As I was interested in leasing in the inner city”

yes there are properties available however I wanted to see if I could deal with an owner directly

thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.