All Topics / Forum Frolic / ok. everyone, whats your new years resolution???

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Still_in_School

My New years Resolutions..!

To complete the ones i didn’t in 2003 for starters.

I have a work diary that i keep to record shifts worked, extra shifts, paydays,birthdays, reminders, contact numbers and to-do-lists for days off.

Just reviewed the notes at the start of the book, each year i put some goals here, under ” Mind- Body- Spirit- Financial”

Some i completed some i didn’t, ticking the ones i did, makes me feel better about getting through the year and achieving something, rather than.. Gee the year went fast!

Getting married in October and all that entails seemed to make the year fly, but i still managed to fit in some of my goals ( i.e -work related course, reading 2-3 non fiction books, purchase $5k + shares, be consistent in aerobic activity- 30-60min walks 3-6 times per week, purchase property #3, marriage and honeymoon saved for and organised )

“Didn’t’ though complete a 8-10 week Yoga course as i wished, or a TAFE course

‘Was inconsistent’ with going to the gym, taking antioxidants, drinking 2L water per day etc..

Also due to wedding and taking care of my son also i cancelled on my “Worldvision” sponsorship of a little Girl i’d been sponsoring for a while, to make up in some way and “give back to the community/others” i became a regular blood donor along with my partner

Time for a New Diary, a New Year and New Goals, It’s all about balance…

It’s Going to be a “Great Year”

REDWING

take stock of yourself and visualize where you¹ve been and where you now and later wish to be. Personal wealth is not only weighed in money. The ability to smile and have inner peace is wealth. Looking in the eyes of your family .. if you are blessed to have one .. is wealth. Having your health is wealth ..

AND
    1. Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight and height.
    2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. If you really need a grouch, there are probably of family members that fill that need.
    3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Just never let the brain idle.
    4. Enjoy the simple things. When the children are young, that is all that you can afford. When they are in college that is all that you can afford. When they are grown, and you are on retirement, that is all that you can afford!
    5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. Laugh so much that you can be tracked in the store by your distinctive laughter.
    6. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it is family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
    7. Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
    8. Don’t take guilt trips. Go to the mall, the next county, a foreign country, but not guilt!
    9. Tell the people you love, that you love them, at every opportunity.

Remember, Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of wewannabuyhouseswewannabuyhouses
    @wewannabuyhouses

Hi Everyone!! This is my first go at this forum.
    Congratulations to all who have given up the dreaded weed! Just remember to reinvest the same amount in your financial future by way of education or buying more positive cashflow property with what you would have spent on smokes.
    As for my wife and I, we recently set up a company/trust for our property investing, and our goal is to have at least 10 properties in there by June 30 this year! So far we have 8 in our name, as follows: own home in Sydney, weekender in country NSW, block of land, unit at Surfers Paradise, New house on the Gold Coast, and 3 houses in Oberon, NSW. The Oberon houses are very positive, while the QLD properties are slightly negative. And the land doesn’t return an income. We have listed the land for sale, and will be listing the QLD properties this week. The CGT will keep Peter Costello in his job for a while yet, so we will be speaking to our accountant first. However, the cash injection will allow us to purchase a lot more property. The QLD ones are holding us back due to servicabiliy even though our LVR is only 56%!!!
    Judy loves painting so she doesn’t work anymore. Besides, she can paint on anything up to $50,000 in equity with a brush and a roller in a few weeks at her pace…..She would have to work all year to make $25,000. This year she has earnt just $2,000 so our DSR has gone out the window while our equity has gone through the roof!!
    Happy New Year to all.
    Regards Ron

@wewannabuyhouses

“Passive Income” is financially
    healthier than …….. smoking!

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Well done Ron , good luck on your ventures and goals, and keep up the good work[:D]

Regards Bear

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Redwing,

Good thing to point out, too keep and follow through your new years resolution.

lol, i dont think, i followed through my last years one, probably only lasted a copy a days and then forgotten about it.

Oh well, not good for me. ill try adding those ones from last year, to the new ones this year.

cheers,
    s.i.s

ps. i think i have to add the ones from the year before too and the year before that one too.

“People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million.”

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

S.I.S

Forgot to add…… purchase 11+ properties like S.I.S, and get him to tell me where this New area he’s discovered is [;)] LOL

Actually, looking at changing careers, went for an interview couple of weeks back and have progressed to a second interview, wherein i meet the company director !! ( Fingers crossed X)

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Participant
    @redwing

S.I.S

Forgot to add…… purchase 11+ properties like S.I.S, and get him to tell me where this New area he’s discovered is [;)] LOL

Actually, looking at changing careers, went for an interview couple of weeks back and have progressed to a second interview, wherein i meet the company director !! ( Fingers crossed X)

REDWING

Participant
    @redwing

S.I.S

REDWING

Participant
    @redwing

S.I.S

Forgot to add…… purchase 11+ properties like S.I.S, and get him to tell me where this New area he’s discovered is LOL

REDWING

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Redwing,

lol, just been really lucky thats all, been keeping low and quite about this town, though very excited about it. Has all amenties there and commodities, yet still keeping it very low profile for the moment.

Just curious Redwing, do you work at nights? lots of your posts are at night and in the early mornings.

Well, i wish you best of luck, and fingers crossed for your new job, and hope it gives you further more and greater success.

cheers,
    s.i.s

“People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million.”

@wewannabuyhouses

Thanks Bear1964!!
    My wife and I attended Dolf de Roos Property Investing Weekend in December, (I attended 18 months earlier) and we have gathered a network of a few individuals from the event who wish to keep the momentum going. We have a list of 19 at present and they come from NSW QLD VIC SA and NZ. We will encourage each other and help those who are just starting out. Knowledge is Power but only if it is applied!! I have only read 0 – 130 in the last few days and I know that what Steve says is so true and accurate! Who cares where your money comes from if it costs you nothing to acquire? All our loans have been for 108% and it is only the negative ones that have created the “glass ceiling” That’s why they will go. Take Control and keep on Investing!!

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

what is happening new year resolution for every one so far ?? [?][?]

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    I want to be billionaire! [;)]

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

hmm, lets not talk about that [:p]

Cheers Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Participant
    @propertyguru

why not? what was yours?

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu

@matt-p

haha, did i have some *reads back on this thread* [:I]

Cheers Matt

Participant
    @propertyguru

Good reading [;)]

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu

@matt-p

haha, yea its always fun to read back on your posts [:I]

Cheers Matt

Participant
    @propertyguru

[:)][:D][8D][^][:X]

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu

@matt-p

i take it that last emoticon was becuase u love ur posts [:p]

Cheers Matt

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

don’t know if we’re still putting them up, by mine is to stop working full time by the end of the year and to be doing property at my full time leasure !!!

Scott

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.