All Topics / Forum Frolic / ok. everyone, whats your new years resolution???

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

anybody?

cheers
    s.i.s

“People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million.”
    How?

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

Hey SIS,
    Hmm, havn’t exactly thought about it yet, Yes i know its almost new year! [:P]

To purchase my first house as soon as I find it! And continue my property and general investing to the best I can. [^]

Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of CheekyOldBatCheekyOldBat
    Participant
    @cheekyoldbat

To purchase IP #2 ….
    To purchase IP #3 ….
    To purchase IP #4 ….

oohh what a feeling !! [:D]

” plays well with others
    … but sometimes runs with scissors”

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

well….

look forward to telling my boss in very early February 2004, that i no longer need to work 5 days aweek, and watching his face as i begin to only work 4 days at week, yet he is almost 61 years of age, and works 6 days a week and thinks he knows everything about money, yet by the looks of things, i cant see how he can retire.

Passive income is financial freedom!

cheers
    s.i.s

“People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million.”

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Hi
    Mine is to give up smoking. Can U imagine what a $3500.00 pa habit has cost me.
    Without too much on the age thing giveaway !! Id say about $90,000 today which probably equates to……..3 x really fully owned grand properties since I was SIS. Capital value now……in the area I grew up…….$1,000,000.00.
    And what do I have now…….poor health and I got a $1m that I bomfired ???

Amazing isnt it…….I enjoy your posts SIL.

@matt-p

Good Luck jancrows,
    Its a wise choice for health, and finacially.

Hope it all goes well.
    Matt

Profile photo of KavitaKavita
    @kavita

Considering I am a poor uni student now……I would have to say…..learning how to live on a budget…..no more David Jones shopping for me[:I]

Focusing on completing at least one of my degree(s). thats about it!

Profile photo of FibejebeFibejebe
    @fibejebe

quote:

Hi
    Mine is to give up smoking. Can U imagine what a $3500.00 pa habit has cost me.

Good luck to anyone with this New Year resolution.

Jancrows,
    Have you considered zyban? I gave up 6 months ago after smoking for nearly 25 years. Previously I had tried patches, gum, will power (wont power!) etc. With the nicotine replacements I would get so b*tchy of an evening that I wanted to kill. I also put on a lot of weight each time I tried to quit and that was while still on patces.

I went on the zyban a bit skeptically. Talk to your doctor about it as it doesn’t work for everyone. You can only get one 2-month prescription per year (120 tablets) on PBS. I think it cost under $30 for the 2 month supply. I was lucky, I am very drug sensitive, so instead of taking 2 a day, I only took 1, so could stay on it for 4 months rather than 2. I do not believe that 2 months is long enough to break any 25 year habit, so would have purchased a private script to continue (approx $280) if required. This little investment would still be plenty cheaper than what I was paying on cigs.

The zyban was magic for me. I have been 2 months without the tablets now and very rarely even think about a smoke. I basically had no cravings from the 2nd day on it. I have put on 2 kilos only – compared to 8 last time I tried quitting. I know I will lose that 2 kilo shortly with lotsa BBQs and salads so am not in the least worried.

Best of all I have saved well over $1500 since early June! [:D]

The day after quitting, I started dating a guy from my bike club that I had kinda known for a year tho we really had taken little notice of each other. Three months later we were married. He is a non-smoker.

Fibejebe.

@matt-p

quote:

The day after quitting, I started dating a guy from my bike club that I had kinda known for a year tho we really had taken little notice of each other. Three months later we were married. He is a non-smoker.

Congrats in your successes, both in the marriage and quiting. Well Done. [:D]

Matt

@fibejebe

quote:

Congrats in your successes, both in the marriage and quiting. Well Done. [:D]
    Matt

Thanks Matt,
    Thankfully we both have similar ideas with regards $$ and property investment. So my New Years resolution this year is to make my hubby a very happy and contented old man! [^]
    Fibejebe.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi all. Has everyone seen Fiona’s homepage ?

http://www.geocities.com/alfi_883/Wedding.html

Pisces133

@matt-p

quote:

Buying minimum 52 properties in 2004! one a week! and some commercial properties!

Thats a fair effort [;)]

Matt

@jancrows

Fibejebe
    Ive tried them all !!
    Last attempt was having major surgery & I went for near 6 days……….no smoking……….put on some patches at about day 5 (big mistake) got an awful rash !!!
    So this time going absolute cold turkey……..can we put up a post here of support for those which no longer wish to burn their $$$ I am a female version of Dracula and Meatloaf……..when giving up… which reminds me must hire a punching bag outside the room here !!!
    All 5ft something of me hahah

@jancrows

Oh forgot to mention !!!
    I dont want to get married (again)…..if thats what happens when U quit… I might just change my new years reso.

Regards

PS Congrats……just marriage at this time is not for me

@matt-p

quote:

I dont want to get married (again)…..if thats what happens when U quit… I might just change my new years reso.

Hahaha [^]

Matt

@fibejebe

LMAO. I am not sure whether the getting married was a side effect of the quitting smoking, or of the zyban. It was certainly not on the cards for me either. I thought that once was more than enough.

I also did the quit smoking ’cause of surgery thing. Had a tumour removed off my liver 16 months ago. I struggled so bad on the patches that time that it is a wonder I didn’t kill anyone. [:(!] Was on patches for 6 months plus gum in the evenings, went thru wicked cravings every night, put on 8 kilos, and ate more $$ than I saved by not smoking.

If you are going the nicotine replacement thingy then maybe a punching bag would be a good investment.

A quit smoking post sounds like a good idea too. My thoughts are sure with you and anyone else doing it this week.

All the best,
    Fibejebe. [8D]

quote:

Oh forgot to mention !!!

Regards

PS So this time going absolute cold turkey……..can we put up a post here of support for those which no longer wish to burn their $$$ I am a female version of Dracula and Meatloaf……..when giving up… which reminds me must hire a punching bag outside the room here !!!

Profile photo of ProcrastinatorProcrastinator
    @procrastinator

Try putting butts into a jar half filled with water. Everytime you feel you must have a smoke, shake the jar up, open and have a real good whiff. Should turn you right off. I believe it takes 21 days to change a habit. Try to last that long and you will notice that things start to smell better and you can actually breathe deeply. Me, I was lucky. Fell pregnant, nearly lost my baby, gave up smokes and never started again.

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Just call me the fool of the forum………PMSL

I gave up smoking 12 years ago for 10 years.

I plan on giving up again in the New Year. The extra incentive I have is my father died May this year of lung cancer.

I have a made a promise to my mother and I never break promises, so I have to do it, and if I don’t I have to pay her $50……..LOL

I also hope to be halfway thru my 2 year plan of being financially independent with a passive income. Mind you im feeling pretty flat of late, but I know my energy will reboost in the new year [:D]

Regards Bear

@matt-p

Bear, it sounds like you have a fair mission ahead of you, good luck in all your future endeavours [:D]

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Thanks Matt [;)] same with u [:D]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.