All Topics / General Property / Rubbachook, got your land valuation?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Hi Rubbachook, as you live in the same area as I do, did you just get your landvaluation?
    I couldn’t believe that our land value has (almost) doubled in just 3 years time![:)] I thought it would have just increased like 60% or so, but this is a 98% increase.
    Is that the case with your value as well?

I wonder if land values can plunge, I mean if there has been such steep growth now, would it be possible for it to fall back to a lower valuation or is the value of land pretty stable?
    Merry Xmas everyone, going back to cooking now![^]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Same here in Newcastle Cecilia. Ours has doubled in the last valuation.

Merry Christmas,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Some of ours in the ACT have tripled. According to the govt anyway. But what are rates and land tax based on? So who gets an increase in $$$ because of this increased ‘value’.

call me cynical….

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

Hi Celivia,

Yep. Received it just before Christmas. % increase well in the 90’s. But this just depresses me because it just means that our Council will have a great case to increase the rates!

Rubba

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Yeh Chook, I’m terrified to see what kind of rates we will have to pay. Hopefully our rates will be used wisely![:D]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.