All Topics / General Property / Population…… Less than 1000 people

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Is there many property investors, in here that invest in towns that are less than 1000 people in population?

cheers
    s.i.s

“People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”
    http://www.theenlightenedway.com/tools/mil_calc.shtml

Profile photo of everdineeverdine
    @everdine

Hi s.i.s,
    we have bought in a town where there are only several hundred people. The reason for this is that it is right next to a major town where there is no land left to build on ( due to river and lagoons) and therefore the population will spread to the town next door. We did thorough research on the area via the web, agents, local people and checked employment, school stats, crime etc. We bought under market value and are busy painting and gardening.We hope it will be a good long term investment for us
    Merry Christmas,
    Diane

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

SIS, my Uncle has just bought his second place in a town of under 1000. It’s 40 km from the next big town, and I think a few people enjoy the commute. They’re cheap, but as long as they can get a tenant (one of the tenants is on the dole so the rent goes direct to the agent from Missing Link) they pay for themselves.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.