All Topics / General Property / Perth Investors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

guys

just wondering whether there is an investors club in perth or similar where perth investors get together and discuss stories, experiences, goals etc

i have just returned from us on secondment and am new to this forum
    i am 25, work for accting firm and currently own 8 properties, lookin to add asap

regards

mars

Profile photo of davidfemiadavidfemia
    @davidfemia

Hi Mars,

One is available, and its been administerd by Tracey Imbuldeniya. I haven’t heard too much about it lately.

Anyone else have updated news?

David Femia
    http://www.femiapropertygroup.com.au

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

David

Also have not ‘heard’ much from Tracey..

e-mailed her a while back at
    tracey “at” mastersgroup.biz but have not recieved much info’

Marzipan

Try http://www.theinvestorsclub.com.au they regularly hold meetings in Perth and Freo and provide listings of such:

Maybe a few of us could attend..

Investment Workshops, Property.Prosper.RetireMonday 12 January 2004 7:15PM
    Introductory Workshop

Venue: Kinglsey Football Club
    Address: Kingsley Drive, KINGSLEY,

Contact Person 1: Colin Seal
    Mobile: 0421 213 007
    Email: [email protected]

“and”

Investment Workshops, Investment Workshop
    Monday 19 January 2004 7:30PM

Venue: Westrail Centre
    Address: Summers St, East Perth,

Directions: 2nd Floor Theatrette

Contact Person 1: Richard Van Proctor
    Work Phone: (08) 9375 1675

“or”

Investment Workshops, Investment Workshop

Wednesday 28 January 2004 7:30PM
    Venue: Laguna Veneto Bocce Club
    Address: 49 Homer St, Dianella,

Contact Person 1: Richard Van Proctor
    Work Phone: (08) 9375 1675

Hope this helps, i’m looking at attending a meeting in the “new year” myself out of interest sake and hopefully to ‘learn’ some more, other than that check some of the posts by WA investors and re: WA properties on this forum

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

REDWING

Profile photo of monyetmonyet
    @monyet

Marzipan…

I would enjoy meetings like this for “younger” investors. I am 25 as well and have just started on the investment trail and have to say am very exited about future projects.

Participant
    @redwing

Marzipan

Sorry, but 4got !!

8 properties “Congratulations”, do you needto attend an investors club [:O]

As for accountants on this site “the more the merrier” i say

All the best

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

By all means attend an Investors Club meeting, but just because they call themselves a “club” don’t think that they are a club in the traditional sense. They charge vendors selling fees just like any other real estate agency and pay their reps (or “Support Members”) generous commissions for making the sale.

Participant
    @redwing

Ausprop

Are they upfront about this ?
    And the cost’s associated with the ‘club’ ?

REDWING

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Redwing, we found that they weren’t particularly upfront when we bought 3 through them.

We only found out just how much of the pie they got when looking at our settlement statement from the solicitor AFTER settlement.

Apparently they also have a referral bonus if you refer a friend who buys. We didn’t know about this, and so of course our ‘Support Member’ (this phrase is now trademarked!!) didn’t pass it on to us – it must have to come out of their cut!!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of mrtrollmrtroll
    @mrtroll

Good afternoon guys,

First time on the forum for me for a long time.

Have only came back to Australia last week from overseas contract.

I too am very keen to catch up with local investors and meet on a regular basis if possible.

I am also 25, in real estate and currently own 6 properties and am involved in two developments at the moment. I would be more than happy to meet as many Perth investors as I can to trade stories/experiences.

My email address is [email protected] and I live in Coogee, close to Fremantle.

Regards

Craig

Profile photo of FibejebeFibejebe
    @fibejebe

Mel,
    Can you please be a bit more specific with this? We currently have an EOI in on a property plus we have attended both evening presentations and a whole day seminar. (Incidently, I won a nice bottle of red as a door prize at the whole day seminar. Opened it a couple of nights ago.)
    Fibejebe.

quote:

We only found out just how much of the pie they got when looking at our settlement statement from the solicitor AFTER settlement.

Cheers
    Mel

@melbear

Fibejebe, they ALWAYS mention how their services are ‘free’ right?

Well, with the three properties we bought, they recommended we go to Westpac for the loans. Westpac got them all valued, and every one came in at about 10-20K less than purchase price (on prices of $178-190K). This seriously killed how much we could borrow, and they wouldn’t even look at giving us extra money on my partner’s free and clear home.

So we ended up going to St George, who were happy to give us the loans (80% on IP, with LOC from PPOR funding balance) on purchase price only.

We bought in good locations in Brisbane in 2000/2001. By the end of last year, we were lucky to be $10K above purchase price for any of them – some came it at PP.

When we saw the settlement statement, where we saw the disbursements, we saw that Lisson (KY’s private company) was paid somewhere around $10-12K (can’t remember the exact figures now). I accept that they would get some money – acting as the ‘agent’ but $10K is the commission we recently paid on the sale of a $390K house.

My bank manager also mentioned recently that – before they set up their own ‘inhouse’ finance – he did the finance for the branch manager here, and he said that she certainly didn’t make her money from her investments, it was her income as Branch Manager that was quite substantial. Again, I don’t begrudge her, she was awesome to deal with (and has since left to join Wise – founding member), but it’s just little things like that that have all added up to a bad taste in my mouth.

I would definitely recommend you contacting RE’s in the area, and perhaps an independent valuer before going too far ahead with it.

Cheers
    Mel

@fibejebe

Thanks Mel,
    Do you mind if I cut and paste your whole previous entry to a new thread as I think it is going to get lost here? With the downfall of Henry Kay I am kinda wondering who else is into dubious business tactics. I did wonder whether KY was overvaluing the properties.
    Fibejebe.

@fibejebe
    @melbear

Sure Fibejebe, if you like. The other thing that began to concern me about the ‘Club’ (not a club, more a business/real estate agents one stop shop), was that they now sell properties in many many localities, including Mt Druitt in Sydney.

I agree with many of the comments in those other threads you found, esp re the ‘advertising’ brochure. Although I still do read it every month, to see if there are any new ideas around.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of wizzzardwizzzard
    @wizzzard

Hey marzipan,

How is your client list looking[?][?]

Do you need another property investor on your books?

Email me at

v_tuglebend(at)hotmail.com

Cheers Simon[8D]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.