All Topics / Hotch Potch / compound interest software?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of guccigalguccigal
    @guccigal

Hi guys

does anyone know of any free software or a website where you can plug in some numbers and it works out your compound interest? For example if you invested $1000 a year for 30 years, it would show you how much money you have after each year?

Thanks [:)]

‘There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way.’

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

Hey guccigal,

You can calculate it here:

http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator/compound_interest_calculator.htm

Hope this helps.
    Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of showmethemoneyshowmethemoney
    Participant
    @showmethemoney-2

Hi GG

You could try Excel if you have it.
    My favourite is actually a financial calculator like the HP11C or similar. Saves firing up a pc. So quick and take it anywhere, well except scuba diving!

Clive

Profile photo of guccigalguccigal
    @guccigal

Thanks so much for that Matt, I just tried that online calculator – so much easier than doing it the longwinded way myself, have bookmarked it for future use [:D] And Clive, will definately look into that financial calculator thing, are they hard to use?

‘There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way.’

Profile photo of showmethemoneyshowmethemoney
    Participant
    @showmethemoney-2

quote:

And Clive, will definately look into that financial calculator thing, are they hard to use?

Guccigal

Not hard to use at all. You basically enter 3 variables and it solves for the fourth.

Clive

Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce

GG, I put up a very basic spreadsheet that allows you to do the operation you ask at

http://members.dodo.com.au/~thefirstbruce/compoundinterest.xls

you just plug in the initial investment amount, and the interest rate in the green coloured cells. you need to know what the interest rate per period is. a period can be a month or a year, depending how the institution calculates it.

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘compound interest software?’ is closed to new replies.