All Topics / General Property / full-time ip hunters?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of ashleyashley
    Participant
    @ashley

fascinating reading many of these posts! many thanx to those contributing.

i’m new to all this, but can’t help thinking:
    how many of you guys hold down full-time jobs?
    where do you source the time to locate these deals?

sorry for the stupid questions…

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Hi Ashley and welcome to the forum.

1st thing, i dont believe in stupid questions.

My experience is if u want something bad enough you find the time. Sometimes its as easy as turning the TV off or sleeping one less hour a day.

Time is always there and available, its how we manage the time that is important.

Do I work Full time? Depends what u call full time. I am a single sole parent, with 2 full time kids and 2 part time. I run my own business, and I am also a career for a very dear friend.

I hope this helps?

Regards Bear

PS Sorry i dont have a magic answer for you.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Ashley,

Some of us younger investors, are still in uni, tafe or some sort of academic structure and doing parttime, or fulltime jobs, its really how well you can manage your time and put time aside to do your property research.

Others on here, work fulltime and have kids to look after, yet i think these people inspire me more, for these people who have kids and are able to manage a full time or part time job and still find time to do property investing, are the ones that have to be noted for their effort and congratulated on a job “Well Done”

Other than that, some people do property investing as a full time job, and have either retired or take time off work to reach and target their investment goals.

cheers
    s.i.s

“People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”
    http://www.theenlightenedway.com/tools/mil_calc.shtml

Profile photo of guccigalguccigal
    @guccigal

Hi Bear,
    I couldnt help myself, I had to write to say good on you! you sound like a great guy, and it seems you have the discipline to not only follow your own dreams but also to help other along the journey as well.

Best wishes

Guccigal

‘There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way.’

Participant
    @bear1964

Hi guccigal.

Thanks for that sometimes its hard and i get close to burn out , but i guess i have always lived my life like that to some extent.

Its amazing how ones energy perks up with simple support comments like your own at times.

Thank You

Kind Regards Bear

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Bear

Have a very Merry Xmas and a Happy relaxing New Year to you and your family.

Keep the postings coming for 2004.

Merry Xmas

Participant
    @bear1964

Thanks Muppet.

Same to you and your family and to every one on the forum , Merry Xmas and prosperus new year.

May all your dreams come true [;)]

Regards Bear[:D]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

**** gucci and beary sitting in a tree…****

hehe. Ashley- I love stupid questions- they’re the only ones I can answer! :) As for me- yes, I work full-time. I decided long ago, that I can only do what I want to do if I have an income to support it. Plus, my organisational skills are not the best and the buying and selling of properties does my head in sometimes in terms of paperwork, so I like the diversity of work in an office, and property investment for additional income. Frankly, doesn’t matter how much I made in property- I’d probably still work- work keeps me out of trouble [}:)]

The net means one can do all manner of property searching without leaving one’s chair much. Google.com is my best buddy when it comes to all things property. I am a researcher for a living so I feel pretty at ease with this sort of thing.

kay henry

Profile photo of ashleyashley
    Participant
    @ashley

many thanks indeed to those who took the time to reply. much appreciated. [:I]

i must say, i consider myself a time-poor person, but am keen to find the right resources on the net to make the best use of the time i do have to allocate to researching cashflow positive ip deals.

any suggested sites for property deals in perth, wa or tokyo, japan would be greatly appreciated!

best regards,
    ashley

Profile photo of Michael4Michael4
    @michael4

Hi Ashley,

There is always time to research for properties out there. Search using http://www.domain.com.au, http://www.realestate.com.au for property listings for a start.

Before you conentrate on purchasing a property Have a Plan FIRST! You can get in deep TROUBLE if you are going just by luck. Make sure you got the plan first and then you can be more confortable and when emotions struck you can always relate to the plan and your ultimate goal!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Profile photo of jon.hillman28594jon.hillman28594
    @jon.hillman28594

You always find the time for a great hobby Ash. The web and Sydney papers generally.
    Cheers,
    Jon

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.