All Topics / General Property / Learning about gearing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of amateur2amateur2
    Participant
    @amateur2

hi everyone i m new in this business and want to learn. i want to learn the intricities of property investment.
    Begining with can someone explain me positve and negative gearing.

thks

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Amateur,

Welcome to property investing and enjoy your stay here.

To answer your questoin,

Positivly Geared – The property has enough rental income to look after itself, by this it can pay all expenses, and payments due and put money in your pocket at the same time.

Negativly Geared – The rental income is not enough to cover all cost, so you have to subsidse out of pocket expenses at your own cost.

cheers
    s.i.s

“People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”
    http://www.theenlightenedway.com/tools/mil_calc.shtml

Profile photo of nugennugen
    @nugen

Amatuer

First thing I would do, and have done is read Steve McKnight’s book. Also read another angle with maybe Jan Somers. This way you can choose your investment strategy.

These books should answer many of your questions. Or you can pick through these posts although I think the posts are much more valuable after a little education. That’s what i have done anyway.

Good Luck

Nu Gen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.