All Topics / Heads Up! / Margaret Lomas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Merry Xmas All

I recall reading a post about Margaret Lomas and her having a company in WA ( where i am also) called the Destiny group.

http://www.edestiny.com.au The question is does anyone know anything about this lady or her company or had dealings with them ?

I can honestly say i’ve never seen/read her books..

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Redwing,

I know Margaret Lomas, i have met her and have had face to face conversations with her, we email each other every now and again, If you are interested in her books i know that she has 4 books out as current and her fifth book i think is due in March.

Margaret Lomas is more like a financial advisior, very helpful lady, big believe in depreciation she is, and also quite well know for purchasing properties and have never seen or viewed them before. What else, can i say…. shes been divorced and remarried and i think has 2 kids, and is quite successful in her own fashion.

Actually she was the one who inspired me and taught me more about property investing, from her books.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis
    “People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”

http://www.theenlightenedway.com/tools/mil_calc.shtml

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

hi redwing,
    I have read her book, “How to make an income for life” (Sorry, It’s something like that)
    Anyway, it was definately a good read with plenty of everyday examples and easy explanations. She’s into positive cashflow/gearing through depreciation. Even if that’s not your cup of tea, it has plenty of other useful info in it.
    Haven’t had any personal dealings with her though.
    Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Thanks

Still in School and Diclem

Value your opinions so will chase up [;)]

Sorting out finances etc etc at the moment before purchasing again, all’s looking good

MERRY CHRISTMAS

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

Im going to purchase he books soon. Highly recommened by SIS. [^]

Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of ryanmelryanmel
    @ryanmel

i have read most of her books
    they are good books, very easy to understand.
    i have also had dealings with her company.
    they are good for financial advice
    they can organise finance for you.
    they’re very good to talk to and everyone i have
    dealt with in the last few years has been very
    down to earth, and not opinionated or biased towards anything in particular, although the basis of their beliefs is on cashflow property, through depreciating assets.
    which, IMHO, isn’t a bad thing.

Profile photo of RealtorRealtor
    @realtor

Met Margaret late 2003 @ seminar in Adelaide, have read all her books. Like s_i_s, initially inspired/motivated me to invest in IPs. Found her really easy to talk to, very helpful – and she has done it from a very low financial base (single mum,etc). The Destiny Group, although had only limited dealings at this stage, seem the same ie not pushing any particular barrow or philosophy, but happy to offer help and advice.

Realtor

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

To be honest, Margaret Lomas’ “How to Create an Income for Life” was the book that got me started.

I am a bit of a fan of her approach / philosophy.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Thanks to ‘All” for your replies-

i’ve purchased “how to Maximise your property portfolio” by Margaret and have found it interesting so far.. making me think of S.I.S ideas of offset gearing, having a portfolio of mixed property investment’s at different stages of growth/gain.

I spoke with one of thier ‘Financial Advisors” in thier new office ( Franchise) in Joondalup ( WA) and will probally drop in and see them come Monday for a more in-depth chat, in the meantime i’m searching and evaluating for next purchase, a + geared one

By the Way her book’s for sale at these places for $20 ( save $5 ) if there’s a place close to you, looking forward to see what they have to say..

REDWING

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.