All Topics / General Property / Granny Flats – Worthwhile?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Scarecrow7Scarecrow7
    @scarecrow7

Hi,

Recently, in trying to optimise an existing property I thought of granny flats. The property is in WA and the block should be big enough to accomodate it – I still need to check with council.

I have no ideas about granny flats so here’s my questions:

1) Who are the companies that sell granny flats? Can you recommend some in Perth metro area?

2) How much do they typically cost for a 1 bedroom no bigger than 60sqm?

3) Can small kit homes be used instead – again how much do 1 bed kit homes cost?

4) Is there a 2nd hand market for granny flats around in WA? In Aust? Guess this applies better to granny flats that are transportable.

Thanks in advance!
    2)

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

I have used a granny flat in the past to help sure up a woefully negatively geared property with great success. In my case the granny flat was existing – so you would need to do a full financial analysis e.g. payback time etc. to see if it was worth the hassle. If you want to let it long term you will also need separate utilities meters and prospective tenants can be a bit put off by effectively sharing a property, so you need to make it as distinct as possible. Consider issues such as parking as well.

Extensive list of new Perth property available.

Alternatively, become a joint venture partner in one of our property syndications – contact me to find out why our syndications are unique. John – 08 9483 0000

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.