All Topics / General Property / Rental management agency in Townsville

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of rx2_73rx2_73
    @rx2_73

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good and trusted rental management company in Townsville? Preferably you have used them and had good experiences :-)

Thanks

Rob

Profile photo of TOWLIETOWLIE
    @towlie

I have used Citywide Rental for 3 years and have nothing but good to say about them. I have three managers in Qld and these guys are so far in front its not funny.

PO Box 5594
    Townsville, Qld
    07 47212121

Profile photo of Shirley_2Shirley_2
    @shirley_2

We use Kylie Douglas from LJ Hooker Townsville, city office. We’ve been very happy with her and were able to reduce the fee to 7% because we have several properties with them.
    Cheers
    Shirley

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

I’m with Kylie Douglas from LJH. Can only speak well of her and her team.

Profile photo of canetoadhuntercanetoadhunter
    Participant
    @canetoadhunter

I’ve been with Torsten Lingard of Townsville Property management for the last couple of years and i would highly recommend them. (He came highly recommended to me by longer term clients.)

They only manage rental property so your not the crap job at the bottom of the real estate office and he is great with the tennants and all the other bits. good straight forward and easy to deal with. I wish i could find other managers like him in other places – he’s been one of the real advantages of buying in townsville.

If you want to contact me to discuss my experiences feel free to call. Gerald soworka ph: 0401 429 021. His number is 0418 180 287 – let him know that i referred you – there must some cudos in there for me somehow.

Good luck
    gerald

Profile photo of Adrian CahillAdrian Cahill
    Participant
    @adriannqld

Hi this is Adriannqld from TSV nqld.
    is %7 the best rate anyone could get in TSV. im paying %7.5 and want to pay less. any suggestions on negotiating on price. they realy dont like to compete

Adrian Cahill | AdrianCahill.com Personal Development Expert
    http://adriancahill.com/from-investor-to-coach/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Here since 2002, however things have evolved over the years.

Profile photo of Shirley_2Shirley_2
    @shirley_2

We pay 7% (but it’s really 7.7% when GST is added) through LJ Hooker. They first said their management fee was 8.5% but we negotiated it down. If you’re paying 7.5% (including GST), that’s better than ours! We now have 6 properties with them and I’ve thought about trying to get a further reduction.
    Shirley

Profile photo of rx2_73rx2_73
    @rx2_73

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your contributions. I was up in Townsville recently and managed to chat to several RE with regards to management fees.

I think the level of service varies considerabley between agents, and its always hard to tell what you get for your money. Some of the points we looked for was how many they had on there rent roll, and how many staff they had in the rental department. It was quite astonshing some of the things you find out. For example one RE agent said they had 700 properties on the books, but only had 4 full time staff. There service included quartely checks on the properties. A quick calculation, and it would mean that a single member of staff would have to visit 2-3 properties a day for every working day of the year!!!!

We found most of them start between 8-9%, but nearly all of them are negotioable to 7.5% apart from a couple. I found Nicholson First National in Kirwan would not budge from there 9.35% inc GST, which I found rather strange. It wouldn’t of been so bad if they were cheap to start with.

In the end I decided to go with Knobel First National, who would do 7.5%+GST if I had more than two properties otherwise it was 8%+GST. It wasn’t the cheapest option. But they seemed very accomodating, and were willing to customise there service to our individual needs. Only time will tell whether it was just hot air :-)

Rob

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.