All Topics / General Property / Quantity Surveyors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of mopsyblossommopsyblossom
    @mopsyblossom

I need to find Quantity surveyors in NSW and Qld

I have contacted two.
    The first was only in Qld and would not give a discount for multiple properties (8) within 5 minutes of each other.

The second had offices in NSW area and Qld but Qld quote was $100.00 more than NSW, plus they also would not give discounts on multiple properties.

Here’s hoping

Lynette

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Mopsy- cute nick, by the way :)

Apparently there is a good QS in karana downs, west brisbane. Brenda Irwin, who’s currently featured in Australian Property Investor this month (she bought 20 CF+ houses in 18 months), wrote this post elsewhere:

“Hi all,
    Thought I should share my good fortune with you.
    Found a QS in Karana Downs, Qld (near Ipswich) who has just done 7 IP’s in Ipswich & only charged me $150 per IP plus GST.

“Also did 6 for me in SE Qld (6hrs there & back) & only charged $50 per hour travel totalled over all 6. Worked out to $220 per house!

“Wildermuth Building Services Ph07 3201 1171”

Cheers Brenda

kay henry

Profile photo of mopsyblossommopsyblossom
    @mopsyblossom

Thanks Kay
    I tried to contact you, so was pleased that you were online and able to respond.

thanks
    Lynette

Profile photo of ScullyScully
    @scully

Hi Lynette,

A good quantity surveyor that we use in NSW is BMT & Assoc. You would need to speak to them regarding giving discounts on multiple properties (we have only ever used them for one at a time), but perhaps they may be of help to you.
    PH (02) 9241 6477
    [email protected]

Cheers,
    Karen[:)]

Profile photo of JBJB
    @jb

Try Depreciator – you can look up their details at http://www.count.com.au & go to 3rd party services. Depreciator have a fixed fee & actually inspect the property in preparing the report which is vital. Probably not the cheapest but certainly reliable & trustworthy.
    Remember, the ATO do not have to accept a quantity surveyors opinions on depreciable items and rates – the onus & responsibility is always on the taxpayer and I have seen plenty of inaccurate QS reports – especially when they prepare them off a floor plan & don’t inspect the property.
    JB

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.