All Topics / General Property / Buying in Tasmania

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of BasslaBassla
    Participant
    @bassla

G’day Guys,
    I have found a property to buy in Tassie which seems to be at a really GOOD price, but i live in Sydney and as yet have not seen it. I do not want this property to slip buy but i can’t make it down there until next month. How can i keep this property on hold until then and what can i /should i /do i need to do in my ‘due diligence’ checks to minimise all the risks and questions, while i’m still up in Sydney?

Your replies are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Bassla.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi bassla

in tas there are some area’s atht are real bad, clarendon vale is one area, so check it out. vacant properties get trashed and tenants can cause problems (i know, i used to own one there for 4 years and it never got any better).
    how about make an offer subject to finance/ building inspection or whatever, give yourself time to do all your home work, if your not happy you can pull out of the deal and get your deposit back, simple. Just make sure you have the contract with an out clause.
    regards westan

Profile photo of BlackJackBlackJack
    Participant
    @blackjack

Hi Bassla,

As Westan found out there really are some suburbs in Tassie that you would be best to steer clear.

I’ve lived in Hobart now for six years and would be happy to share an opinion on the area you are looking if you choose to tell.

Just from personal observation and local media, things really do seem to have ground to halt as far as properties being sold as soon as the sign is up but, more importantly, prices aren’t being dropped yet.

Profile photo of MarkyMarkMarkyMark
    @markymark

You could make an offer subject to your inpection and full satisfaction, stipulating a time frame, they may be happy with that.

Regards

Profile photo of secretgnomesecretgnome
    @secretgnome

Yeah, a friend of mine recently bought a property for his business with the clause “subject to his own due dilligence”

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Bassla,

You haven;t provided much info, so I’m just guessing here, but:

* ask the RE to send you photos (scanned) and perhaps you can ask them to do a “virtual online tour” of the place- dunno if they’ll go for the latter, but you can ask.
    * check out everything you can on the net about the town- google.com is your friend :)
    * ring up RE agents in the area and ask them about the locatoin and the particular property- if it’s in a small town, you can bet they know everything about it.

All of the above will only take you a couple of days. Given that sales are slower these days, most RE’s will wait, especially if they think you are sincere.

Make sure you get a building and pest inspection! Then you can find out if the place is a total dive or a tenantable dive.

kay henry

Profile photo of BasslaBassla
    Participant
    @bassla

Thanks for all your replies [:)]
    I’m going to get a building inspection done, which includes a video tour – hopefully that will make things clearer. YOur advice has been really helpful.
    Bassla,

You haven;t provided much info, so I’m just guessing here, but:

* ask the RE to send you photos (scanned) and perhaps you can ask them to do a “virtual online tour” of the place- dunno if they’ll go for the latter, but you can ask.
    * check out everything you can on the net about the town- google.com is your friend :)
    * ring up RE agents in the area and ask them about the locatoin and the particular property- if it’s in a small town, you can bet they know everything about it.

All of the above will only take you a couple of days. Given that sales are slower these days, most RE’s will wait, especially if they think you are sincere.

Make sure you get a building and pest inspection! Then you can find out if the place is a total dive or a tenantable dive.

kay henry
    [/quote]

Profile photo of TasmaniaTasmania
    @tasmania

Love to know what pests in Tassie Kaye Henry is searching for. We do not have white ants as it is to cold,plenty of red backs and spiders and of course the Tassie Devil, but they are not well known for eating houses.Give me a call if you would like some sensible advice on Tassie. Ray Ironside 0418130364.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Well Bassla, seeing that it is X-mas time, the time of cheer and goodwill, and seeing that you haven’t got the time at the moment, I would be happy to oblige and have a look at the property.

Email me and I’ll give you my bank account number so you can deposit my expenses into it.

I live in Sydney and I understand there are daily flights to Tasmania. [:D] [:D]

Pisces133

Profile photo of Michael4Michael4
    @michael4

Hi,

I’m wondering do you know of any websites that particularly search for properties in tasmania like realestate.com or something similar?

I would like to know how much properties are in general and see if there is anything available!

Thanks…

[:)]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.