All Topics / General Property / Logan City (Queensland)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of jajajaja
    @jaja

I’m thinking of buying a townhouse in Logan area (Woodridge, Logan Central, Slacks Creek) around $130000. I don’t expect it to be cash positive but rather to have good capital grow. Comparing to Melbourne where I come from, there is still room for price grow. Anybody knows a good solicitor in that area. Any other thoughts about the area, current market and future trends?

Thanks in advance,

jaja [8D]

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Suggest you really do your homework in that area.
    Very low socio eco rental clientele. Also lots of social & vandalism issues.
    Furthermore they have had issues with toxic waste dumping. So check it out thoroughly.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Jaja,

To be honest i’ve lived in Brisbane for about 10 years or more, and one area to stay away from is Woodridge and Kingston area. Like said, low socio economy, vanadalism and poorer area of Brisbane, lots of gangs and wannabe youngies out that way.

But do your due dillgence on the area, and call the local police up and find out, if that property is in a good neighbourhood area.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis
    “People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”

http://www.theenlightenedway.com/tools/mil_calc.shtml

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Jaja,

I bought Townhouse in Woodridge and Kingston at the begin of this year. Back then it was really cheap, but now the price is too high. I don’t have problem with Tenant over there, but must admit it is a gangs area.

Kind regards

ChanDollars
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hey Chan$,

though the gangs might be there, but it will be like a place like Inala, bad area to begin with, but over time, it became one of the best places to purchase, gang members moved out and people started moving in, and the suburb had a huge turn around and property prices went up, hope it all goes well for you.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis
    “People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”

http://www.theenlightenedway.com/tools/mil_calc.shtml

Profile photo of MrCharchieMrCharchie
    @mrcharchie

Hi Guys,
    Very interesting about the comments made.
    I do totally agree with the the fact that it does attract a lower socio-economic group of people. However, it is getting better.
    I hope there is still room for capital growth over the next few years. I believe there is, and the reason being the proximity to the Gold Coast and Brisbane. Plus many other reasons.
    I purchased a House there early in 02. Paid $90k for it. I am about to get a valuation done and have been advised that i will get somewhere around minimum of $180k.
    Maybe a bad area, but i dont mind being given $90k in 2 years.
    Do ur research and see what u think.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

look up “logan real estate boom” in google.com. It certainly has been mentioned as one of the areas, along with Ipswich, that has had double figure CG.

CG can grow, but the demographic doesn’t change… the gangs will still need somewhere to live. All over australia, there’s been CG, but the areas remains the same, I reckon. Logan is not gonna become gentrified because there’s been CG. Those who destroy rental properties will continue to do so- it’s just that they’ll be destroying more of your CG.

Get a good property manager, jaja :O)

kay henry

Profile photo of mopsyblossommopsyblossom
    @mopsyblossom

Kay
    can you email me at [email protected]
    need to ask some questions. Like your replies.

thanks
    Lynette

Profile photo of fostonfoston
    @foston

quote:

I’m thinking of buying a townhouse in Logan area (Woodridge, Logan Central, Slacks Creek) around $130000. I don’t expect it to be cash positive but rather to have good capital grow. Comparing to Melbourne where I come from, there is still room for price grow. Anybody knows a good solicitor in that area. Any other thoughts about the area, current market and future trends?

Thanks in advance,

jaja [8D]

Hi Jaja,
    I have lived in the Logan area now for over 20 years, a good part of the time in Woodridge. I recently bought another house in the woodridge area to live in after being out of the area for 3 years.There has been good capital growth in the last 12 months, starting to slow now though. A good unit or townhouse can still be found in tne area for less than $130000 if you look hard enough. One thing that really annoys me is the way people knock the area and talk about gangs, low socio-economics, crime etc etc etc [:(!], we don’t have much more trouble here than most areas of Brisbane, or Sydney, Melbourne etc for that matter.It is like any city, it has it’s good areas and it has it’s bad areas.To all those who hear the bad publicity don’t knock it on heresay.Over the years there has been some issues and mud sticks as they say.The area is growing and investors from down south have recognised this and have been buying property here like it is going out of fashion. I suppose i am prejudiced because i live here, but it is really not that bad.[;)]
    Cheers
    Tony

Profile photo of fostonfoston
    @foston

quote:

Thanks in advance,

jaja [8D]

To answer your question about a solicitor in the area , you might want to contact O’dwyer & Bradley, Phone 07 3208 1488, i thinh you will find them to be OK.
    Tony

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

foston,

You’re right- everywhere does have its bad areas. I guess people responded and mentioned certain things because the question was asked about the area. We all wanna defend our area, but sometimes, it’s good to get a bit of inside knowledge too :o)

kay henry

Profile photo of pajohnspajohns
    Participant
    @pajohns

It really is amazing how a reputation can kill property values!!! It only takes one shoot out to give an area a bad name, but on the same note there was a murder in a park near where I used to live in Killara – a very up-market North Shore suburb of Sydney. It can happen anywhere really. When you’re comparing it to slums in LA, there’s no comparison! Way overated crime stats!!!

A very friendly and helpful solicitor who really goes out of his way to help you and ensure you’re getting the best deal (how many solicitors will jump in their car to drive across the city to pick up documents off the plane to deliver them somwhere else). Very highly recommended –

Allan De Brenni & Co Solicitors – 07 3841 6202

Hope this helps!

Phil

“A life lived in fear is a life half lived”

Profile photo of chefmanchefman
    Participant
    @chefman

[:D][blue][/b
    We have been buying up there for the last 12 months and have not had a problem. The area has changed greatly since people have come into the area particuly from down south and needless to say we have down very well althoiugh we did have a contact in council who told me that things were changing very fast so we went in there, Some of our values have increased by as much as 100% in the last 12 months and have not had a problem with any tennants but due to good agent. Still believe has got a bit to go in the next 12 to 18 months and can still find the odd bargain or 2 as we have. Good solicitor martinez in brisbane very through. have fun lue]

Profile photo of jajajaja
    @jaja

Thanks to all who have responded! It helped me a lot.
    Chefman, you mentioned you have a good agent. Could you please tell me his/her name?

Thanks, jaja

Profile photo of chefmanchefman
    Participant
    @chefman

jaja It is john ahern at slacks creek and the lady to speak to is debra gray luppi. She is very good & helpful in all aspects and does not take any crap!! Phone number is 07 3208 2766. if you need to know anything else just email me at [email protected] Seeya

Profile photo of marcus_e_l_2000marcus_e_l_2000
    @marcus_e_l_2000

I too was looking at buysing in the same area as I found properties there before the property boom that fit the 11 second solution althought I was not aware of the 11 second solution at the time but I did relise the poitive cash flow that it did have. one of the main reasons I started looking there was because of the low class that may reside there, you will find low vacancy rates! and that is also important

Profile photo of markpatrickmarkpatrick
    @markpatrick

I bought a house in Kingston about 8 months ago for $75,000, and sold it three months ago for $ 143,000 but since found out it is nearer $200,000 now, so the market has moved a lot but position is a big factor with these areas right between coast and bris.
    Hard to know whether now is still a good time to buy and I have never liked the prospects of units etc too much.
    The area is a little rough, but generally the people are more freindly and down to earth than the upper class type areas.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.