All Topics / Forum Frolic / How Many IP’s

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Profile photo of dragon4dragon4
    @dragon4

Hi Matt

3 IP’s:-

1 in Brisvegas, 2 in Bundy
    Also block of land at Coral Cove, on which I hope to build when building boom eases and I can get more house for my dollar as well as get the house built within a reasonable time to avoid interest and other holding costs without income.

Thanks

Ron

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

Still own 11 properties, was going to purchase another 4, though instead i provide the full finance and equity to some one else, currently in the midst of also purchasing another 6 properties, with 3 being for myself and the other 3 being fully 100% financed again, but for someone who again is very close to me.

Techniqually, would own 21 properties in 10 months but due to helping some people and providing the full finance and equity out of my properties, will be just on 14 in about a weeks time.

cheers guys, still 21 and still in school.
    s.i.s

ps. failed highschool and failed uni, and going to tafe in the new year.

“People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million.”

Profile photo of lazyboylazyboy
    @lazyboy

Hi all, I’ve got 11. Most are buy and holds at the mow, 10 postive , 1 neutral that is waiting for a reno. All in N.Z [^]

Profile photo of bigfellabigfella
    Participant
    @bigfella

Hi Still in School

I was wondering how could you acquire 11 properties in such a short time and still be going to Tafe. I am assuming that you would be working part time. Also you are only 21.

I am very curious to find out what you have done to achieve this.
    Thanks

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi big fella,

i use a strategy called “Offset Gearing”, and at the begining of this yeah i held 2 jobs and worked 7 days for about 6 months, while doing uni,

since about aged 13 ive always had a job were i work most afternoons and mornings before school and on the weekends, been saving and investing my earnings since then.

cheers
    s.i.s

“People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million.”

Profile photo of bigfellabigfella
    Participant
    @bigfella

Hi Sis

Thanks for your reply. Congrats to you. What an achievment you have made in such a short time well done. You are a true example of what can be achieved if you stick to a strategy.

Big fella

Profile photo of SiboSibo
    Participant
    @sibo

Hi Lazyboy,
    I am considering investing in NZ as I will be moving there in the not so distant future. Any recommendations for positive cashflow areas?

Regards,
    Si

Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

Hi,
    3 investment properties, one in Mandurah WA, two in Geraldton WA and ppor in Perth. Mandurah deffiantely buy and hold but not sure about other two thinking of dipping into the world of wrapping but trying to learn more about it first and still a bit nervous about taking the first steps towards it [8D]

Profile photo of benno1benno1
    Participant
    @benno1

Hi all
    Just purchased first IP however this one is negative geared(PLEASE DONT HURT ME). I bought in an area which has seen steady yet impressive growth over a long period of time. I am however targeting positive cash flow properties next to help maintain my serviceability. Does anyone else believe diversifcation is a good strategy……?

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp

Hi Benno – I also agree about having a portfolio of both yield and growth assets (can include shares or property). You buy the yield assets mainly for your income and can sell some (but preferably not all!) growth assets to reduce debt when you want to retire. Also the growth can reduce your LVR when you want to borrow more, while the yield helps serviceabilty.

‘I bought in an area which has seen steady yet impressive growth over a long period of time.’

I think the idea of using past growth is that you hope this will continue into the future. I’d agree that this might work if the area has some qualities shared by more expensive suburbs around it but still appears undervalued in comparison.

I must admit to being more attracted to regional cities that have had rather POOR growth records over the last 10 years. If the population trends are sound, the area appears underpriced compared to cities of similar size and the property is in a good area (ie near CBD and beach) I think that it has reasonable growth prospects.

Time will tell if this approach works!

Regards, Peter

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

20 B&H
    1 Wrap
    1 Flip
    and over the last year we have sold off others that we reno’ed or cashed in….been a busy 18 months and wanted to cash in some profits. Next year will be busier again I am sure……..[B)]

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Profile photo of showmethemoneyshowmethemoney
    Participant
    @showmethemoney-2

Enough to keep me working,
    Not enough to stop.[:(]

Profile photo of spider2spider2
    @spider2

5 unencumbered IP’s. Three lease options and I am renting here in Sydney.

Spider

Profile photo of odessaodessa
    @odessa

quote:

3 IP’s Matt :o)

All buy and hold (for now).

kay henry

Profile photo of chefmanchefman
    Participant
    @chefman

We have 8 in s-e QLD 2 in cairns 2 in melbourne. All buy and hold but have sold 2 in the last 6 months to fund other ip,s. Have had some amazing growth on some of them in the last 12 months and am starting to use the equity in them plus the rents have also gone up as well. I have a fantastic team of people around me such 2 brokers 2 agents and the best accountant who really understands what i do. Even got one for him late last year and he is rapt in the result.

Profile photo of RealtorRealtor
    @realtor

1 at present Matt, looking for No. 2 now. Just come off a long stretch of unemployment! Proves the worth of having a pos cash flow IP.

realtor

Profile photo of CheekyOldBatCheekyOldBat
    Participant
    @cheekyoldbat

Bought my first in November 03 and lining up for my second now… planning to buy & hold all

I want them scattered all over the country like wildflowers. [:D]

Cheers,
    A

” plays well with others
    … but sometimes runs with scissors”

Profile photo of ActTodayActToday
    Participant
    @acttoday

We have just sold a property for $245,000 purchased in 98 for $154,000 which is OK but not as good as we hoped. We have one property fully owned that will be rented out in three weeks @ $160pw that we will develop (4 unit site) sometime in the next 1 – 5 – 10 years (who knows), one rental purchased for $119,000 interest only mortgage for 5 years rented at $135pw. This is near ongoing freeway extension and major new sporting complex which will hopefully give good return and latest purchase for $174,000 is 4 X 2 on double block that we will move into, subdivide, build new home, move into and hopefully manage to keep all.

If I knew then what I know now……….you know how it goes

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.