All Topics / Forum Frolic / Number one piece of marriage advice…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

… for a bloke (ie ME) taking the plunge THIS Saturday (December 13)…

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

from a guy married for 15 yrs

perhaps a plane trip to the Baharmas on the 12th.

regards westan

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Richmond

From this side of the Tasman…..

Congratulations for Saturday and I hope everything goes well for you and your lovely new bride.

Regards

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Richmond here goes…….

(1) Never go to bed angry – Always try to talk things out calmly. – (refer advice #3)[:D]

(2) make sure you kiss your partner good nite every nite.[:X]

(3) Always give in!! Your wife DOES know best.[:0)]

Congratulations Richmond, Hope you and Tracey Grimshaw have a great life together!

Hope to see you on the CH9 NEWS, have you invited the Packers?

Seriously, hope everything goes well, have a wonderful day,

Del & Will

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi r

Yes, dear you’re right.

C2
    Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the Bank/Wife steps in?”

@westan

jamie

one other bit of advice, for the wedding, enjoy the day. it is hectic and stressful so just go with the flow and have a great time, too often everyone else has agood time except the bride and groom.

another bit of advice don’t get on the forum after 9pm, unless, like me you have 5 kids then its essential.[;)]

all the best for you on Saturday

regards westan

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi r,

No, dear I’m wrong.

C2
    Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the Bank/Wife steps in?”

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Congratulations Richmond!

No advice from me! [:P]

[:)]
    PropertyGuRu

Profile photo of Fudge111Broz00Fudge111Broz00
    Participant
    @fudge111broz00

Congratulations Richmond~, great stuff, I’m sure you’ll be fine, I’m not married, but in our relationship if we ever leave on bad terms the next time we meet we sort out the problem straight away, communication is essential, then we are fine for our day(s) together.

It is a bit different for you as you would be living together and not 100km away like us, but i think the fundamentals are the same.

There was nothing worse then when we didn’t sort things out until the end of a day together, and for the whole day, we were not ourselves towards eachother and didn’t have a very enjoyable time together.

Fudge111[:)]

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

good luck for saturday richmond…..you sound like a good bloke with a good sense of humour which i guess will come n handy over the next 50 years….

remember on the day its ok to feel stressed. lots of pressure to sit back and enjoy it but if your human you will have heaps of stuff going through yr mind. you will probably run the whole gammit of emotions.

the best way to deal with it is to delegate evrything. do you have a wedding planner??? if not make sure your parents know its your day not theres so they need to chip in with some help (eventhough they are paying)

in all seriousness though, have a great one. i reckon the best marriages are based around a perspective that says ‘all this wierd stuff is going on around me, good times, bad times etc and isnt incredible that i have someone i love to share the journey with…..life would be less without them.

gotta go – have doctor phil on the other line

cheers
    [:D][:D]

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Best of luck to you richmond, hope you manage to enjoy your day. [:)]
    My advice, um….Hold on to your hat and enjoy the rollercoaster ride of marriage! [;)]

Sue [:D]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hey Richmond,

Best of luck for you and your Newly Wed. [:D][:D][:D]

Any Advice? Dont forget to prepare the Prenups…[:)][:)]

sign here, here and here and just your intial here.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis
    “People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

richmond……congratz for saturday and I only got 2 words for you that will ALWAYS keep your woman happy!!

” YES DEAR “

*throwing confetti*

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Hey Richmond

Last piece of advice I can give you b4 getting married, is…… ITS NOT TOO LATE TO RUN!!!!!!!![:D]

Seriously, I wish you and your bride to be all the happiness in the world.

Is it really Tracy? If so I better start looking elsewhere ………..PMSL[:D][;)]

Regards Bear

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Thanks to all… I won’t be on the forums for the next few days doing last minute stuff etc… see you on Monday!

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

quote:

Thanks to all… I won’t be on the forums for the next few days doing last minute stuff etc… see you on Monday!

Cheers
    r

See us Monday???????? WHAT????????? No honeymoon? Well im sure you will get it when the time is right! We had a sorta honeymoon about 2 weeks after we were married , but had our real one about 3 years after …LOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG story.

Once again All the Best mate on that special day and the unity marriage brings[;)]

Regards Bear[:D]

@westan

i’ve got lots of good advice

when you are walking along the street together and you pass another attractive woman don’t say “Gee she’s gorgeous”. [B)]

you’ll only make this mistake once or twice.

westan

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Congratulations Richmond. My advice is : give her plenty of kisses/hugs and say “I love you” everyday. [:)] Huey

Profile photo of ActTodayActToday
    Participant
    @acttoday

Huey’s got it right. There was a film many years ago with I think Audrey Hepburn ab out marriage. Her mother’s advice to her was (and it works both ways) every time you call your spouse and they come, reward them just like you would a puppy. Never could quite get to the “never go to bed angry” bit but my husband soon learnt that the longer we didn’t speak the more shopping I did [:D] If you truly love each other then never stop trying to make the marriage work. In twenty years time you will still have your best friend and so many wonderful memories to sustain you through old age. My youngest son once told me he was so proud of me because I had actually managed to stay married. Must be very important to kids in todays world. My very best wishes for a wonderful day and smooth waters for your life ahead.

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

I’ll give some serious advice (there’s enough of the usual advice above).

My tip would be to learn when to let things go as quickly as possible. Some things just aren’t worth worrying about and the after seven years I’m just getting a handle on which things these are – and which things they aren’t!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.