All Topics / Opinionated! / Moderators about!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi-di-Hi!

Moderating doesn’t always necessarily mean posting. Sometimes I just read posts and other times I jump on in (which is most of the time).
    I disagree with people who say there is no skill involved in moderating. If people believe that you don’t need certain qualities, they are heavily mistaken. Although I’ve learned a lot, it does take up a lot of time. So it’s nice to get some positive feedback that we are doing a good job. So THANK YOU to all those people who’ve supported us, it’s much appreciated. [^]

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

good job sooshie………

i have an idea – to avoid any doubt as to the skill of moderators i think the owners of this site should pay for an all expense 6 week ‘moderator’ education programme/diploma, prefereably held at oxford, cambridge or an american ivy league university……

tickets, accomodation, food and tuition care of propertyinvesting.com

like any organisation we need to have qualified people!!!!

send me a postcard from big ben!!

hehehe!!!!!!!

[:D][:D]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Sooshie,

I haven’t seen posts about moderators not needing skills- I do believe any person charged with such responsibilities (of ensuring a forum remains a place for all of those interested in the topics), can do it well or sometimes poorly.

From what I have seen of your posts, you have a mature approach to it. I’m not sure all moderators become demi-gods, but then, I’ve never been one to believe in gods or gurus ;) I think moderators who maintain a sense of calm (when all others are losing their heads) make everyone feel safe. I imagine moderators enjoy undertaking the role, and that they see it as supporting something they believe in, or they wouldn’t do it. As with all of us, it’s a matter of expectations, and as with all of us, noone’s perfect :o)

kay henry

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Sooshie,

Long time no chat!! I have been very busy with our business, and other committments, and so haven’t posted much lately. It’s hard, but you have to get your priorities right!

I think that you especially do a wonderful job as a moderator. I also believe that you need special skills to be a “GOOD” moderator. You are very kind and caring and always are trying to find positives in sometimes very negative posts.

Thanks for taking the time to keep this place alive… I appreciate it.

I’ll be back soon again on a regular basis when things calm down a bit.

Congrat’s on your purchase!![;)][;)]

Keep smilin,

Del [:D]

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your feedback and I take the praise on board with all my fellow moderators included.

I came to PI to learn as well as meet like minded people. I know how great this forum can be and with all of your posts and good wishes, 2004 is going to be a fabulous year for PI !!! [8D]

Thank-you Steve and Dave, Brent, moderators et al for doing what it takes to keep the ship sailing smoothly…

Merry X-Mas and Happy New Year 2004

G-d Bless !
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

Hi all,
    I think all of the moderators shoul dbe congratulated on doing a great job in keeping the forums running smoothly. You have all done well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.[:D]

Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.