All Topics / Heads Up! / Global Wealth Educators

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of ActTodayActToday
    Participant
    @acttoday

Has anyone heard of GWE or know anything about their seminars? The next seminar is in Vietnam and we are thinking of attending but would like to find out a bit about the company before committing ourselves.

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

i would suggest you read this web page from the asic homepage, in regards to offshore seminars.
    http://www.asic.gov.au/fido/fido.nsf/byheadline/Offshore+investment+seminars?openDocument
    it basically says to avoid them as you will not be protected (which is their aim to protect themselves)
    sorry about that, but i guess at the end of the day it is your decision
    shaun

Profile photo of ActTodayActToday
    Participant
    @acttoday

Thanks for the comments Shaun. I phoned ASIC and found them very helpful. GWE is not a company of interest to them which is a good sign. Their seminar is for 7 full days and has many guest speakers who cover areas including shares, property, personal development, off shore companies, the importance of health etc. They also have a shares company but that is not something you need to go into unless you want. Their seminar costs include all airfares, accomodation and more food than you can eat. I guess if we decide to go, at the very least, we can call it an expensive holiday. Got three weeks left to make up our minds.

Profile photo of Julian2Julian2
    @julian2

Judith, probably largly tax deductable too, but can’t help but think that a lot of people slow their wealth building processes by spending a king’s ransom on seminars. Very often much of the information is available in books – and librarys are free.
    Julian

Profile photo of PoochPooch
    @pooch

I went to an ISL seminar in Thailand. They were the predecessor to GWE (before they had a scandal and changed their name). We invested in a couple of different opportunities and have since lost the money (turned out to be dodgey deals). The info received at the seminar was interesting, but I have wiped my hands of them now.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

I’d take on board what icrose just told you… I wouldn’t touch them with a 10 foot pole… by the way, what does it cost to go to?

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

ActToday- how much is the course?

I would be very suspicious about people giving advice on personal development and health etc- sounds like an expensive waste of time to me- and sounds a bit cultish.

What strategies/info can they provide to you about property that can’t be found anywhere else? Do they have unique “secrets”?

Their courses probably don’t have to be covered by ASIC- anyone can give you direction about what to eat and the importance of exercise, blah blah… And you obviously wouldn’t pay if you thought you needed a refund (a la all these HK people demanding a refund).

Vietnam is a lovely place though, I’ve heard :) Pity the govt there lets the scammers in :o(

kay henry

Profile photo of Astute InvestorAstute Investor
    Participant
    @astute-investor

Hi All,

I know this is an old post that I am dredging up, but I would be VERY interested to hear about the scandal that caused the name change. There seems to be a lot of other people’s money involved in this.

Cheers

The Newbie member here!

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

O.K I give up … why do you want to go to Vietnam to do a course when you can stay home home and get more benefit in Aussie … or is it like HK …spend more money travel to further destinations therefor the better the value … are you really that gullabul … I’m confussed or should I give you my bank account details … sorry for the scarcasim. Phil

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Julian2:

Judith, probably largly tax deductable too, but can’t help but think that a lot of people slow their wealth building processes by spending a king’s ransom on seminars. Very often much of the information is available in books – and librarys are free.
    Julian

Could not agree with you more – I was talking to a person on the weekend who had spent countless $$$$ on seminars and had all the hype and get up and go – but the problem was the get up go – got up and went. As a result they had burn’t some valuable resources and gone no-where.

I would also check the deductibility of such seminars – depending upon the stage of your investment journey these costs may actually be considered as part of the education process nd not therefore deductible. Certainly that is the comment of my previous accountant.

Derek

[email protected]

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by ActToday:

Has anyone heard of GWE or know anything about their seminars? The next seminar is in Vietnam and we are thinking of attending but would like to find out a bit about the company before committing ourselves.

In vietnam? you got to be careful…no security there!

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.